Friday, July 24, 2020

Concord & 9th Feature Friday - Favorite* Colors

Happy Friday to you, friends!  Have you gotten enough of Concord & 9th's fabulous new color collection?  No.  Me either!  Today we were asked to select two of our favorite colors in the collection and feature each on a card.  Some of you may have notice the asterisk in my heading.  Why did I put that?  Well, because these aren't just "favorite" colors of mine.  The two colors I chose were my favorite surprises.  They are the colors that I really liked when I saw them in the collection, but really loved when I actually had them in hand.  Originally I thought that I may have something similar in my cardstock stash, but it turns out that I really don't.  And I already feel like I can't live without them now.  (I promise I'm not being dramatic.)
Without further adieu, introducing my favorite color surprise - peacock and clover!  We were asked to make each color we chose the main focus of the card, but I decided to make them the only color focus on my cards.  I really like them that much.
The idea for this card came pretty immediately when I saw Fresh Cut Florals Dies Edition 1 (which FYI is my favorite of the floral dies released this month).  I adored the long berry and the leaves so much I knew they had to take center stage on a card.  I die cut four of each shape from clover cardstock and did a little trimming as I configured how I would place them on my card. 
Once I got the arrangement made, I stuck a big piece of press n' seal on top to hold it together.  I thought the card needed just a smidge of dimension, so I die cut all the pieces a second time and glued a white layer underneath.  Since it was all held together with the press n' seal wrap, it was easy to add that second layer.  The "love you" sentiment comes from the Hey Bestie Stamp Set (also part of the July release).
I kept the same arrangement for my peacock card, but just flipped it horizontally.  The "thank you" sentiment on this one comes from Concord & 9th's Blooms Fill-in Stamp Set. One last peek of them both together. :) 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  If you get a chance (and this is worth making time for), head over to the Concord & 9th Blog to see what the other designers chose as their favorites.  I always love see what people choose.  Plus, you are bound to be inspired by their amazing creations!  

2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely colors and I like the dies you used too! Wonderful cards Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not one bit surprised, Lindsey! You DO have a way with greens! and such a talent for clean, crisp, fabulous designs... these are GORGEOUS!
    =]
    p.s. I was one of the lucky winners on ig! you won't believe the bundle I chose!

    ReplyDelete