Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful For You

Hello!  This is just a post for fun.  Making cards is a wonderful outlet for me on the occasion that I need a break, but the really rewarding part of this hobby is being able to share it with others.  Though I feel a bit of anxiety every time I give my cards to people outside of my family, I'm happy to know I created something just for them.  I know I've shared lots of Christmas cards on here lately and that is because I've been trying to make a bunch for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.  It's such a great cause.  I don't actually mail out hardly any handmade Christmas cards (gasp!) .  It's true, though.  I don't like card-making to be stressful, and I'm constantly trying to simplify at Christmas, so I get our cards printed.  I feel like I've kind of neglected Thanksgiving on my blog, but I think it is a beautiful, important holiday, so I wanted to focus on it today.  Thanksgiving is the most perfect holiday to precede Christmas because a heart full of gratitude is so much more willing to give and recognize the needs of others and more likely to remember and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.   I just love that we have a holiday dedicated to helping us feel and express gratitude.  I have much to be thankful for...and that includes you! :) I sincerely appreciate the sweet and uplifting comments you leave on the cards I share here.  I love to smile and reading your comments always makes me smile.  Thank you so SO much!!!  I hope you have the happiest Thanksgiving!  And I hope you are surrounded by the ones you love.  (P.S. I realize it isn't Thanksgiving Day for everyone, but you can never say thank you too often, right?)

8 comments:

  1. awwww....what a fab post lindsey! Gorgeous card for today! Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, I think we all have so much to be grateful for on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Lindsey ... gorgeous, soft colours and delicate images ... a wonderful 'thank you'! What a great post ... yes to the true meaning of Christmas and yes to being grateful for our blessings! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for all the sweet comments you leave me and for sharing your love of stamping and cardmaking with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way, Lindsey! I always look forward to reading the comments! They are very uplifting! This card is very beautiful! Love it's design! Hope you enjoyed a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and card Lindsey! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are winding down from our house full of guest and blessings. I am so behind in my comments. I emailed you but sent it to the wrong Person and got it back ....I will send again. You should send more cards because they are gorgeous ......in person! Thank you for all your very sweet,heartfelt comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lindsey! What a SWEET post, & such a LOVELY card! Great design & fabulous colors.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my tag-cards! They really are my favorite to make & send.
    I hope you will let me know when you make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Lindsey! I love it!

    ReplyDelete