Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Poinsettia Tag

Good morning!   I thought I would switch things up today and make a tag.  Tis' the season, right? This quick and easy Christmas tag uses the fabulous Winter Foliage dies by Pretty Pink Posh.  I know, I know.  I can't stop using them. 

For my tag base, I pulled out my long time favorite tag from the Birthday Circles Dies.  I cut it in white, and then backed it with a deep purple. 

For the focal point, I cut the Winter Foliage dies in silver and white.  You could always create the flower in just a single color, but I love mixing colors and even patterns in the layers.  To create my poinsettia, I used the largest flower base in silver and white with a white smaller flower on top.  My favorite way to make the flower look full and a little more organic is to just slightly offset each layer.  Each flower seems to have a sweet spot for layering. 

I used the tiniest flower and the triple berry die cut in silver cardstock for the center.  I cut both sizes of leaves in teal and then tucked in a couple berry sprigs.  Don't you just love the stitching detail on each of the layers?

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I am having so much fun creating with this new release, but making this tag has me missing Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  I sure loved that!  But at least I always think of her when I make a tag now, which definitely brings a smile, so that's still a win. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty design Lindsey! I love seeing you back crafting again, I guess you are getting a bit more time now that your littles are in school!

    ReplyDelete