Friday, December 24, 2021

Simple Christmas Packaging

Good morning!  This Christmas season I have been enjoying crafting outside of the card realm.  I've mostly been making ornaments (or really I've been making kits so my kiddos' classmates and cousins could make the ornaments).  As I was digging into my long neglected craft stash, I came upon these wood chalkboard clothespins that I purchased from Target's dollar spot a good 5 or 6 years ago.  When I saw their size I immediately thought of Pretty Pink Posh's "Circles" line, and to my delight, they were a perfect fit!
The package came with 6 clothespins, so I embossed each of the images from the Winter Circles stamp set. I decided to create some simple packaging using some envelopes and bags I've had in my stash for years!  (Can you tell I'm in the use it or lose it mode here?)  For my first set, I decided to stick with natural elements.
I wrapped some large kraft envelopes with twine, added some leaf sprigs from the Fall Foliage die set, and finished it off with one of the wood clothespins. 
While I was pulling things out I stumbled across a paper doily, so I folded it over the top of the second envelope.  Then  I tied a bow with twine, and added a clothespin and some leaves like before.  This was the first package my daughter snatched up to put her homemade gift in for her cousin. 
Next, I totally switched gears and went from neutrals to bold black, white, and red.  I also pulled out the Stitched Poinsettias die.
I die cut three layers for each poinsettia, and added polka dots to some of the layers.   It was quick and easy to do with a gel pen. 
I tied twine bows and added a clothespin and that was that.
The final set was the the quickest and easiest (even though each of these designs only to a few minutes to put together).  I die cut several pine sprigs and blended on darker green ink, so there would be a bit of color variance.
I simply arranged the pine sprigs and clothesepinned them on.  Easy peasy! 
It was so much fun making these, and even more fun filling them with little gifts.  It's creations like these that I find particularly rewarding.  
Here's one last shot of them altogether.  
Well, I'm off to do some Christmas cooking.  Thank so much for taking a peek!  Wishing a blessed Christmas full of peace, hope, and love! 

1 comment:

  1. These are all just as pretty as they can be, Lindsey! I hope you and you family enjoyed a Christmas filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete