Friday, August 24, 2018

Concord 9th Feature Friday: Thankful Leaves

Good morrning!  I am so happy to share today's cards with you!  I love thinking of color combinations and recently found a list I had made last year of possible autumn color combos.  I decided to put that list to good use and made a bunch of cards using Concord & 9th's Thankful Leaves Bundle.  I think the Turnabouts are such a brilliant idea, and this Thankful Leaves Turnabout just might be my favorite! There are lots of cards, so here we go. :)
The great thing about the Thankful Leaves Turnabout is that it is so pretty on it's own that you don't have to do much to finish off a card.  And I love that the leaves intentionally overlap and have a little rustic flair.  I finished my card with Concord & 9th's Many Thanks Dies (love them!) and a little bit of twine.
Colors: PTI Autumn Rose, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise; SU! Elegant Eggplant
This next color combo is a lot more muted but one of my favorites. I thought the softness was perfect for a "thinking of you" card.  Don't the Fabulous Phrases dies look so pretty when they are all layered?  They needed a little something, though, to set them off from the busy background, so I mounted them on top of a hexagon from the Blooms Fill-In dies.
Colors: Altenew Caramel Toffee; PTI Aqua Mist, Honey Nut, Kraft
Next up is my husband's favorite, so I would count this as a successful masculine attempt. :) This time I paired the Thankful Leaves Turnabout with Concord & 9th's new Shiplap Sentiments. Being a huge Fixer Upper fan, I was sold at shiplap. :) 
Colors: Altenew Honey Drizzle, Industrial Diamond, Silver Stone; PTI Canyon Clay
While I was in the masculine mindset, I used another fun combo that even the men in your life can appreciate.  I white embossed "thank you" from Shiplap Sentiments and mounted them on top of the beautiful maple leaf included in the Thankful Leaves Dies.  I think the leaf is just the perfect size and love it so much.
Colors: Altenew Honey Drizzle, CTMH Outdoor Denim, PTI Dark Chocolate, SU! Blue Bayou
This next card is one of my favorites and uses the full Thankful Leaves Bundle again.  The sentiments are included in the Thankful Leaves Turnabout, but I did do a little selective inking so I could right align everything. 
Colors: Altenew Limestone; Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade; Distress Oxide Broken China; PTI Canyon Clay
Are you still with me?  Promise this is the last card of the day.  It's my momma's favorite, so I saved it for last.  I adore this sentiment in Thankful Leaves Turnabout and thought that Concord & 9th's Hooray Ribbon dies framed it so nicely.  This is one of my favorite color combos, too! :) 
Color: Altenew Emerald; CTMH Sunflower; Hero Arts Raspberry Jam; SU! Really Rust
And there you have it!  A bunch of autumn goodness all bundled together in one happy pile.  Thanks a bunch for joining me today and sharing my excited over this fabulous new Thankful Leaves Bundle!  Make sure you go to the Concord & 9th Blog next as you are sure to be dazzled by my talented teammates' projects.  Have the most wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I like your variety of lovely fall colors Lindsey! These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of that leafy turnabout, Lindsey ... and such gorgeous autumn colour combo's ... all of them! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't think I have to tell you which is my favorite, right? What a gorgeous collection of leafy beauty - makes me want to jump in! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete