Friday, December 15, 2017

Concord & 9th Polka Dot Turnabout

Good morning!  I'm so excited to share with you my latest (and maybe last) Christmas card of the season.  I always mourn the end of the Christmas cardmaking season, so I'm squeezing one more in and had some very special people in mind when I made it. :) I used the fabulous new Polka Dot Turnabout from Concord & 9th.  I think this one might be my very favorite!!!  I just used it stamped once here (the space between the dots is perfection), but I love all the options whether you stamp it one or four times.  
You may be wondering where I got the poinsettias on this card.  Well, back in June I made a exciting discovery that the small berry sprig in Concord & 9th's Wildflower Stamp Set fits perfectly inside the petals of one of the flowers (see THIS POST).  I used it then to create leaves, but as I stamped a bunch to cut out, it dawned on me that they would make perfect poinsettias if I layered them.  I created the picture below in June to help show you what I used.  The only difference is that I used the small flower this time as well.
And I love how the poinsettias turned out!  I stamped two in red, one in pink.  Then I dressed them up with a few gold pearls and topped them with a sentiment from the Magnolia Wreath Stamp Set.  Isn't the Polka Dot Turnabout the perfect background for it all?  This card just makes me happy. :D  
Concord & 9th has a whole bunch of designers featuring their fabulous Polka Dot Turnabout today, so make sure you head over to their BLOG to check them all out.  It will be inspiration overload in the best way!  Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Fresh, creative and so gorgeous, Lindsey ... I love how you think outside the box! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicate and ever so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a beautiful card ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete