Saturday, June 11, 2016

Another CASometry Card :)

Hi!  I'm popping in quickly to share my latest card.  I had a teeny bit of time a few nights ago to make another card for Anna Kossakovskaya's CASometry Challenge 2. Make five  This card is for Stage 3, making it my third card using Concord & 9th's Flourish stamp set.  I inked up my stamps, then brushed over the ink with a water brush before I stamped them to create a watercolor-ish feel.  Then, I decided to be a little crazy and did some really simple doodling on top of the images.  I'm not sure why...the idea just popped in my head, so I went for it.  It is far from perfect, but I tried to remind myself that that is what doodling is...quick, imperfect scribbles.  I also got to ink up Concord & 9th's Sophisticated Script for the first time, which I thought was really exciting.  I'm not very good at hand lettering, so I love that this stamp set does all the work for me. :) I better get to bed, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Love your card, Lindsey! I'm a great fan of the watercolored effects on cards last time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a great idea to add the doodling to the watercolour-ish look, Lindsey - it looks fantastic!!! Unbelievable how different the flowers look when stamped in different colours compared to the monochromatic ones your did earlier!!! Love the font of the sentiment stamp, too!!! This is really beautiful!!!!!
    Have a great Sunday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey this is such a fabulous card, I think your technique is awesome. I must try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lindsey! I love how you doodled over the images! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Lindsey! Love your fun design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, this is simply beautiful.
    I love the pretty colors & fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this stamp set as I do your card. Hope I can still find it.

    ReplyDelete