Saturday, October 25, 2014

PTI October Blog Hop


Hello!  Boy...it's been a while.  I hope you are all happy and well!  I'm happy to share a card I made today for Papertrey's October Blog Hop.  Nichole provided so many fun inspiration photos/color schemes.  I'll definitely be saving them for future reference.  I chose the scheme below and was inspired by the hanging ornaments in the photo. I love how just a little masking when you stamp can add depth. And I know the stamping of the buildings isn't pristine, but I kind of like it. It almost looks like there is a crack, and I thought it added character. I would have never put together this color scheme, but I think they are beautiful together, which is one of the reasons I love these hops.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by. :)
Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Sparkle & Shine Holiday Addition (tiny snowflakes), Star of Wonder, Think Big Favorites #19
Ink: Fog (Simon Says Stamp), Enchanted Evening, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet
Other: Tag Sale #4 die, twine (Pick Your Plum)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kristie! Love your hanging ornament and the color scheme...CAS perfection! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and wow--I'm impressed that you are already back in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that color combo is not an easy one for Christmas, at least not for me, and you simply nailed it. What a nice contrast. Love the ornament against the kraft cardstock. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that is one delicious color combo that makes for a gorgeous ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have admired that stamp set for quite a while...one of those that is on the list, but keeps going down the list...very pretty and works so well with the color recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super lovely way to use that color combination. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay,you got some craft time! Hope you are also getting some sleep.
    I think your tag has tons of character,what a sweet tag. I totally forgot about the hop.
    I have three of my granddaughters for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tag is a perfect base for this little scene - beautiful use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Lindsey! Great use of the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Lindsey, this is one of my fave tag dies!!

    ReplyDelete