Tuesday, June 4, 2013

(CAS)E This Sketch #30

Hi!  Just popping in to show a quick, simple card I made for CTS#30
 
Okay, stay with me for a second.  Does this look like the sketch at first glance?  Not exactly, but I scribbled the sketch down, worked on something else, and when I came back to it, the sketch was upside down and my scribbled flags looked more like cat's heads than flags.  I also saw a scrap from some scallops I had cut a couple days ago and it looked liked waves.  So I decided to stick with animals popping up instead of flags hanging down.  And this card is going to a little niece who loves water and starts swim lessons this week, so I figured it was only fitting.
Supplies
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Critters in the Sea)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), SU (yoyo yellow)
Paper: Making Memories (honeydew, mango, and waterslide polka dot), PTI (aqua mist)
Other: PTI (large scallop die), embroidery floss, craft foam (I used this to make a little rectangular stamp to highlight the word "hello")

1 comment:

  1. I definitely see the sketch on your card! What a creative take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete