Monday, December 30, 2019

12 Kits of Occasions - THE FINALE

Hello, friends!  The end of the month (and year! Can you believe it?!) is upon us, which means I get to share with you my projects for The 12 Kits of Occasions. When I received Marcia's fabulous kit in the mail I thought it was the most brilliant December kit ever and immediately wanted to sit down to create with it.  I LOVED her "Tags of Christmas" theme!  Making homemade tags is my favorite Christmas craft.  I know for many of you Christmas has passed, but I hope that my projects can still bring a smile and maybe even inspire you for some upcoming Valentine tags. :)
Marcia made everything so easy, and these tags came together in a snap.  I'll just let the photos do the talking. (If you are wondering about supplies, you can find all the details on her kit HERE.)


I made 5 tags and had LOTS of leftovers, but I wasn't sure if I'd have any more time to create.  Happily, I did, so here are a few bonus projects.  I made a couple cards for good measure.
PS The darling peppermint fillers in my shaker card were one of my very favorite items in the kit.
And one last tag to add to the bunch.
 And I know I say this every time, but seeing them all together is my favorite...
Normally the end of the month is something I look forward to, but this month I've been wishing would not come to an end.  You see not quite 6 years ago I was asked to guest design on The 12 Kits of Occasions blog.  And then the next month I won the chance to design again.  And then I was shocked and thrilled a couple months later to be asked to join full time.  My teammates have become dear friends, and I have loved receiving these kits and creating with them each month.  But more than that I have loved and been so blessed by the friendship and love and support I have received from this special group of friends.  I wish I had the words to express how deeply grateful I am for them, but no matter what I say, it could never be enough.  I suppose you can see where this is going...my heart is so heavy as I write...but in the last 5 1/2 years we have gone from a family of 3 to a family of 5, and I just can't keep up.  I've been selfishly hanging on, but I know it's time.  And so today is my last official post as a member of the 12 Kits of Occasions.  It's been a joy! 

11 comments:

  1. I know this was a hard post to write for you Lindsey, but just remember that it's not goodbye to the friendships you've made and that this season of life will pass (much more quickly than you'll ever believe...trust me as a empty nester that it goes by soooo fast!!) and you will once again have time to do more of the crafting you so love and are SO good at! Your love for this craft shows in every one of your red & white tags and I'm loving them all! So glad to hear that this kit came in handy for you this year too...would you believe I had doubts about whether you girls would like the idea of a tag kit?!! Wishing you all the best for a happy and shiny new year Lindsey and also, thank you, thank you for all the wonderful work you did photographing the kits each month...you will be missed! Hugs! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your CAS red and white tags! Your cards are lovely too. The snowflake behind the jar is a cute touch. Claire's tag is darling! It's been a joy being on The 12 Kits team with you Lindsey. You won't regret moving on to spend time with you little ones, they grow so quickly. Happy New Year to you sweet friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your tags and cards are just as sweet as you are Lindsey! I'm glad you found some time to get crafty with Marcia's fun kit, knowing what a busy mama you are. I've loved getting to know you better and working with you on the 12 kits team. I wish you the very best in 2020 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, your post brought tears to my eyes. You are so sweet and so kind and will be missed more than you will know. You have been a continuing source of inspiration and I love that this group has become more like extended family. I wish you have your wonderful family an incredible 2020!
    Now on to your creations...as always, just love your fabulous style and your tags/cards are simply wonderful, just like you!
    Happy New Year my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, it was such a pleasure getting to know you through this year on the 12 Kits of Occasions team! I love each of your tags and cards! They look so great together too in their red and white combinations. May you have a blessed 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous collection of sweet tags (and cards!), Lindsey ... I do love the crisp red, black and white colour combo! It's been a joy seeing all your monthly with the 12 Kits ... and I'm still so grateful to have been your invited guest way back in December 2015! Enjoy all that your lovely family brings you ... and craft when you can ... we'll be here! Wishing you a blessed and happy 2020! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not sure if i commented or not, I came by and not comments were posted .... Didn’t want to leave two comments and look a bit crazy. Maybe I saw most on Instagram.
    Well, anyway I love them all! I love how simple you kept them , just like Marcia said she thought they could be. I am going to use your idea for the hoho tags , and you know I love the uncolored images too. Beautifully created . Many blessing to you and your beautiful dear family Lindsey, in 2020

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my sweet friend I am almost I. Tears reading your post tonight. becoming friends with you through this amazing and creative hobby over the past 7 years? I think has meant so much to me. I love your clean and simple style and you! You know the door is always open and we would love to have you back when you are ready. I love all of your tags and cards and love you too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tags Lindsey! I love the clean look and contrast! And you made cards too?! I love the peppermint shaker with the snowflake and that adorable owl framed perfectly in the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sweet friend! Thank you so much for the kind note over on my blog - you always bring so much sunshine to my day :) I saw these beauties on insta and LOVED them! You have such an incredible eye for design and every detail you add just makes your projects! Truly love everything you create! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. It's bittersweet - but SO good you are taking time for family and all that life brings! And selfishly, I hope you get to squeeze in a little crafting when your heart is calling for it, because I LOVE everything you make! xoxo

    ReplyDelete