Thursday, August 2, 2018

Olive the Octopus

Hello, friends! We just got back from the beach not long ago, and I thought it was the perfect time to share these octopus cards.  This is Olive the Octopus, a new set from Technique Tuesday.  My children and I love him.  
On my first card, I stamped the octopus and then blended on some distress inks to color him.  A super quick and simple way to add color.  Next I blended some ink at the bottom of my card base and used a few foilage stamps from my stash to try to create ocean plants. As I was trying to decide what to use for my ink blot, I noticed Technique Tuesday's Happy Hydrangeas dies sitting out and decided the to use the large flower die.  The randomness of the shape worked perfectly.  I love shaker cards, and so do my kids, so I filled the "ink blot" with sequins and beads for good measure.
After using all that color on the last card, I was craving a little white, so I made a second card.  I love when images are cute enough on their own that you can color or choose NOT to color.  And truth be told, I'm still in complete awe of simply stamped images.  They truly make me so happy.
Thanks for joining me today.  I'm hanging on to the last of summer as the school year is fast approaching.  I hope you are headed into a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. He's a cutie, Lindsey ... beautifully coloured against a sparkly shaker ... or simpley and stylish as line art ... no wonder he's a favourite! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are both so darn cute, Lindsey! I especially love the shaker--gorgeous background & love how you colored the octopus! PS--your comment put me over the edge & I got that Lil' Inker coverplate! It's OK--one purchase I won't regret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE! Thanks so much Lindsey xoxo Tam

    ReplyDelete