Wednesday, April 19, 2017

CASometry Challenge 3. Randomizer. Stage 1.

Hello!  I have a few cards to share today inspired by Anna Kossakovskaya's CASometry Challenge.  Anna is one of my very favorite cardmakers, and I love how her challenges always aim to help you get more use out of the stamps you already own.  This year the overall theme is "Randomizer".  For Stage 1 all you have to do is randomly select a stamp set and use it as the main focus on your card as well as one geometry shape (mine is a rectangle).  Fun, right?  Because I know the order of my stamps fairly well, my husband randomly chose "the 11th one in the middle box".  :) The stamp set was Clearly Besotted's An Apple a Day.  It's been far too long since I've used it, and it actually was the perfect random set because Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up.  I'm ahead of schedule now.  Yay!
This is my official card for the challenge.  I loved all the apples so much I stamped all of them. :) I created the sentiment with Neat & Tangled's Journaling Alphas Dies. 
Since the large sentiment kind of took center stage on my first card I decided to make a second.  The design is even simpler, but you can see the apples a bit more.  I used Little Notes by The Stamp Market for the first time for the sentiment.  Ooo...I just LOVE the font.  And although the first smudge was accidental, I did purposely ink a bit of a second color on each apple.  I kind of liked the bit of shadow my oops created, so I did it on the rest.
My final card made use of all the scraps and pieces that didn't make it onto the previous cards.  The only thing I had to do was blend ink behind the alpha negative.  It was pretty awesome to not have any leftovers when it was time to clean up.  Here's a quick shot of the supplies I used. 
Thank you, Anna, for hosting such a fun challenge.  I had a bunch of fun making these cards and dusting off a set that hasn't seen ink in quite a while.  It made me remember why I bought this cute set in the first place.  
Hope your week has been full of lots of smiles.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

  1. You have a fabulous eye for color. I love that you did the apples in non-traditional colors! And what a fabulous trio of cards. Off to check off the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Lindsey! They're all so pretty and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First... I love your shot of supplies used! I love all three cards Lindsey! Beautiful cards and wonderful colors! Love the font of the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, Lindsey! I love the different looks you achieved on each card--and I love those apples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lindsey! I remember you made really many cards last year and so happy to see you again on my challenge with your trio! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are all so lovely, Lindsey! Wonderful use of colors and you used the apples so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post and challenge, Lindsey ... the colour combo you've used is fabulous ... and how perfect are the apples for teacher cards! A trio of terrific cards! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete