Friday, December 30, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions - December '16

Hello!  I'm sorry I'm a bit late getting this posted.  We've been battling sicknesses all month, and my littlest one in particular hasn't been feeling well the last few days.  We've had a few particularly rough nights and mommy duty has certainly trumped card making.  That being said, I am happy to share with you the cards I was able to finish (several more in the works) with Jessica's fantastic kit.  It had cute, sparkly, elegant, and everything in between.  I was so excited when I opened this kit.  I started with these darling bears from MFT's Polar Bear Pals.
All the supplies for this card came with the kit.  (You can find the supply list on the 12 Kits Blog here.) I colored them to match our family, including favorite colors except for my husband, who shares the same favorite color as my son.  I'm pretty excited to give this as a Christmas thank you. 
I was enjoying using my SU! watercolor crayons, so for my next card I used them again to color a sentiment in the kit from Paper Smooches' Chit Chat stamp set. 
Okay, so after making this card I totally switched gears. The black, white, and gold papers and the die cuts in this kit were so great, that I knew they'd make for some quick and easy thank you cards.  These next few cards came together in a snap. The first one uses a sentiment Jessica had gold embossed from MFT's Kind Thanks. 
Okay, bear with me on this next one.  It is as simple as it comes, but so much prettier in real life.  The gold foil paper is beautiful, but boy is it hard to photograph! 
Don't you just love this script thank you that Jessica cut on her silhouette? 
Next up is probably my favorite card that I made, using one of my very favorite papers in the kit.  I think I'd like it as a pillow. :) Anyway, I didn't want to cover much of it up, so I simply placed a vellum rectangle behind "thanks", which I die cut with Concord & 9th's Thanks Card Die
I used another one of my favorite papers on my last card.  I just love the gold foil dots mixed into the pattern.  
I used vellum again to back my sentiment and layered a few leaves cut with PTI's Turning a New Leaf dies.  Turning a New Leaf is one of my very oldest stamp/die purchases, but it is something I still turn to again and again.  
PS I'm excited to be linking today's cards up to the Simon Says "Anything Goes" Wednesday Challenge
 I'll leave you with one final photo of them all together.
I'm sure hoping I can finish the rest of the cards I started with this awesome kit, but I'm thrilled to have finished all these thank you cards.  We have a lot of family we need to be thanking after Christmas.  Make sure you head to the 12 Kits of Occasions, so you can see my fabulous teammates cards.  One thing about being late to get this up is that I've already seen the amazing projects they have created, and you definitely don't want to miss out.  I appreciate you stopping by today.  I hope that you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve, and that the New Year brings much happiness to you!

15 comments:

  1. Wishing all a speedy recovery! These are all great cards. The bear Family is so cute. I love all of the patterns you had to play with. One can never have enough thank you cards. Happy New Year ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet polar bear family, Lindsey ... yummy rainbow sentiment ... and gorgeous, elegant and stylish thank you cards ... gorgeous colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous set of thank yous Lindsey. You knocked the kit out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, amazing cards (love, love the polar bear family)!
    Hope that everyone is on the mend. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lindsey!! Your polar bear family is absolutely adorable, what a cut idea to put them together on one card! I hope everyone in your home is on the mend soon. Hugs to you and wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Lindsey, all of them are fabulous!! 😍

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic collection of cards, adore this inspiration and all the black white and gold and of course those wonderful polar bears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your little ones were healthy enough for you to post your beautiful cards. They are all wonderful. My favorite is your first card--love seeing all those polar bears together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear the crud hit your family this past month and pray it's on its way out by now. What great thank-you cards you made! Your family of bears is so cute. Thanks for the tip to back your die-cut words with a layer of vellum. Happy and healthy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards from Jessica's kit, Lindsey! Your polar bear design is so sweet! Love how you used them for a thank you from the whole family. Hope everyone is feeling better and that you all are able to start the New Year in the best health. Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Lindsey! Love those polar bears more everytime I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsey you totally blew me away with the family of polar bears and their pastel rainbow scarves. I still have these guys and plan to case your card immediately! Your cards are so fresh and contemporary I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Lindsey your cards are all so wonderful. To start off with your polar bears with the sweet scarves and all the elegant thank you cards. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lindsey, you took my kit and blew it out of the water! How sweet that you colored the polar bear family to match your own family, that just makes the card that much sweeter. I really love how you set it up, too, I so want to take my extras to do that! I love how you colored the thanks sentiment with your watercolor crayons and then the use of the vellum on two of your cards...I never use vellum, but you have really inspired me to do so with your designs!

    ReplyDelete