Friday, July 22, 2016

Concord & 9th Blossom

Happy Friday!  I'm back to share some more projects featuring Concord & 9th's July Release.  Yay!  The Blossom Die might just be my favorite thing in the entire release.  That being said, all of their products work together so perfectly that I don't think I'd want to live without any of them. :) And this card is a great example of that.
I started this card by making the tag first.  After stamping a sentiment from O Christmas Tree, I used the Bags & Tags dies to create the tag.  I love that these dies are open ended, so that you can adjust to whatever height you need.  Such a cool idea!
Next I ran the Blossom Die through the die cut machine about 16 different times, cutting each color multiple times.  As I paper pieced the colors into the white outline, I left a few pieces as single layers, but most of them I layered 2 or 3 times to create added dimension.  I just love how they puff up at varying heights.  For several days I planned to keep the tag just as a tag, but at the last minute I decided I also wanted to see how it would look on a card, so I ended up doing both.  (My die cut machine got an extra big workout for these projects.)  I didn't want to take any focus away from that beautiful flowers, so I added a few score lines on the right hand side of my card base and called it good. 
I have a few more projects that I created with the Blossom Die and coordinating stamp set (you'll love that, too!).  I truly could not stop creating with them.  I LOVE them, and the ideas kept coming and coming.  So stay tuned, because I'll be sharing more in the coming weeks.  I hope you'll have a fabulous weekend.  We've been away from home this week and are gearing up for a super hot and humid weekend.  I'm feeling especially grateful for air conditioning at the moment. :)  Thanks for stopping by today!
SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Lindsey! You've enabled me to get the C&9th Blossom set! I love your tag with the inlaid pieces--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go YOU!! OH so pretty, in really wonderful colors, Lindsey! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, this is simply beautiful. I love the pretty colors & fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pretty die cut flowers and the clever way you have done the inlays with different depths, Lindsey!!!! The sentiment stamp is great and the scorelines add such extra loveliness to your beautiful card!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete