Monday, May 25, 2015

May Papertrey Blog Hop + SSS Stencil It

My husband is home today...yay!  He watched the kids for a bit this morning, so I could make this card for Papertrey's May Blog Hop.  I had a few ideas, but I knew because of time constraints that I needed to go with the simplest one.  When I finished I ran outside to snap a quick picture before the rain clouds rolled back in.  It's rained off and on today....and most days for the past few weeks for that matter.  I was inspired by the square colors on the righthand side of the hop inspiration photo and Simon Says Stencil It Challenge.
I cut an apple out of acetate and used it as a stencil and stamped the square strip from PTI's Ombre Builders Set.  I wanted to add a little dimension (the card felt too flat), so I embossed the front and popped up the stem and leaves.  I used lots of older PTI supplies on this card, which always makes me happy.  Sometimes they get lost in the excitement of new supplies.  Thanks for stopping by today and happy Memorial Day to all my American friends!  I love holidays that remind us of our blessings, to be grateful for the sacrifices made by others, and to remember loved ones gone before.  I've thought a lot about my grandparents today. :) Happy Monday to you all!
       
PTI Blog Hop Inspiration Photo Source           SSS Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It                                           

23 comments:

  1. What fun! Love your stenciled colors inside that apple, and the texture you added is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, you absolutely ROCKED the challenge! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and vibrant, Lindsay. Absolutely perfect for both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, this is so unique and creative! How you came up with this and executed it so perfectly under the time constraints just shows how brilliant you are! (I wish you could use that brilliance to figure out how to get some of that rain to California!!) Kiss the babies for me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new avatar, Lindsey! You look beautiful! Now on to this adorable card, LOVE the block apple! Such a sweet teacher card with the little leaf and the twine and the awesome textured background. Simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just BEAUTIFUL Lindsey!! I LOVE this take on the Challenge and you neat design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahoo for a bit of crafty time. Love that linen embossing plate. I need to get mine out. Fabulous thank you Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey...this is just too darn cute and so very clever! What a sweet hubby you have too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this CAS card Lindsey! It's colorful and just pure perfection...love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out so cute! Glad you popped in with a card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take on the inspiration photo!! Super cute card Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love that fun apple! Great take on the inspiration photo, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! Love that you gave new life to the ombre builder set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you used the blocks and ombre effect for your apple! Really awesome CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Lindsey, this is just SO adorably SWEET.
    I love the fun design & sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE your take on this inspiration, Lindsey!! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Lindsey! Love the mosaic/tile apple :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stenciled apple--so clever! Love this, Lindsey! Simple is definitely the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete

  19. love it! Very creative and love the ombre look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh ,I missed this! It's beautiful and creative ! I love sunny rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card- love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant, Lindsey ... those yummy ombré square making up that fabulous apple are just fantastic! Fabulous take on the challenge! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete