Saturday, December 20, 2014

Candy Cane Camo

Hi!  Not exactly the card you'd expect given the title, huh?  (I'm picturing my brother-in-law decked out in all his hunting gear or the awesome Christmas camo Steve wears in the movie Arthur Christmas...I'm so easily sidetracked!) But the title makes complete sense knowing the challenges that inspired this card: CASology's Snow ChallengePTI's Make It Monday #193: Camouflaging Die CutsSimon Says Winter Inspiration Challenge, Curtain Call's Candy Cane Challenge, and (CAS)E This Sketch Challenge #104.  How's that for inspiration? And in case it wasn't obvious how the challenge's inspired me I listed them literally in order of the layer they inspired starting at the top (i.e., CASology = snowflake sequins, PTI = die cut technique, Simon = layer of glittery snow, etc.).
I had so much fun making this card.  And I just now realized that if I had thrown a little green on there it would have all the colors on our Christmas tree.  That's probably another reason this card makes me so happy. :)  Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll come back soon...I'm bursting to share another card, which basically means that I won't be spacing the posts out like I should and it will probably be up in the next few minutes. :)
 

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how your "candy cane camo" turned out and I could see the sketch right away!
    Well done, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lindsey. Love the die-cut word and those shiny snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Lindsay! It is not easy to combine so many challenges, but this card does justice to them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun card - love the bold colours and the shimmery snow! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Lindsay, and it is fun to see how you were inspired. Thanks (again) for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for candy cane camo!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colour combo and great CAS card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Lindsey. A fabulous design and the candy cane colours are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge & Happy Christmas!
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and soft, Lindsey ... the red and aqua with the silver and shimmer is gorgeous against all that wonderful white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Lindsey! Great way to use the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVELY!!!! great for all the challenges!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card. love the giant scallops. thanks for playing with curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! super fun and gorgeous inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this, Lindsey! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, Lindsey! I love the colors and those snowflakes. This card totally pops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply gorgeous!!!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete