Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ice Cream Shaker

Hello!  I know, can you believe it?  Three days in a row. :) I haven't been this excited about a card in a long time.  Paulina of Pretty Pink Posh announced that she was going to host a Sequin Shaker Blog Hop bout a month ago.

I think shaker cards are oodles of fun, so I really wanted to participate.  As I looked at the inspiration photo for Curtain Call's Confetti Crush Challenge, the confetti filled cones reminded me of ice-cream cones, and that is what inspired my card.  Plus I feel like sequins are a natural interpretation of confetti, so it seemed to be the perfect pairing of challenges.  Plus the polka dots helped with the confetti feel...at least in my opinion.  (Sadly, though, I didn't get the card posted in time and Curtain Call's Challenge is closed.)  I wanted the shaker element to take center stage, so I kept the layout CAS and am happy that it works for this week's Simon Says Stamp Keep It Clean & Simple Wednesday Challenge. 
This card took a long time to make, but it's one that I think I could recreate in half the time or less from what I learned in the process. The die cutting was the trickiest because the ice cream scoop and cone are all one die, so I had to do a lot of partial cuts, but it was totally worth it.  I was also reminded of how much I love Pretty Pink Posh's sequins and Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold, and the Happy sentiment set -- both of which I feel like could be paired with just about anything.  And I just love how this card turned out!  This will probably be one that I send my sister because she saves all of my cards, which is fun because then I can look at them later. It's a great way to part with those "hard to part with" cards. :)

Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Polka Dot Basics, Sweet As Can Be), Winnie & Walter (The Big, the Bold, and the Happy)
Ink: PTI (aqua mist, kraft, lemon tart), VersaMark
Paper: Michael's (shimmery velum), PTI (aqua mist, lavender moon, lemon tart, white)
Other: PTI (Fabulous Frames die, Sweet As Can Be die, clear case), Pretty Pink Posh (sparkling clear sequins), SU! (white embossing powder)

46 comments:

  1. I love how this came out too!
    Excellent!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the ice cream idea - never would I have thought of that. Your card is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! Lindsey, I am so smitten with this 'sweet' card! Fabulous idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great design for a card. Love the icecream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... sweeeet!!! Can I take one??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- this is such a fun card- who does not love ice cream--and a shaker card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Ice cream shaker...how SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Lindsey ... this is brilliant ... fun, ingenious, clever ... and downright fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card Lindsey!! Makes me smile!

    Hugs,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love your card! Never thought to use an ice cream cone for a shaker card but it is so cool looking! Ice cream and sequins-who can ask for more?! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. :) Hi, Laura! I tried to stop by your blog, but couldn't leave a comment. Thanks so much for your comment here. I adored the two shakers you entered into the blog hop...especially the second with it's very eclectic mix of sequins.

      Delete
  12. that is so sweet!!! in so many ways. great share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you - the second card was much easier! I very much like both this card and the one you did next! I love the sparkly sequins to make the ice cream extra frosty! It's a great interpretation of BOTH challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an adorable card! I love the use of colors and the way you used the die was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so clever, Lindsey! An ice cream shaker--two treats in one! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card, love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how you did this card. It is so "sweet".

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is such a cute card! i love the layers of ice cream. so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at you! This is delicious and too cute! Too bad you didn't make it in time for CC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That turned out lovely, even if it took a while. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That turned out lovely, even if it took you a while! I like the banner you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwww this is really sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute--love the ice cream cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super fun card. I have a ice cream die and you have inspired me to try one of my very own. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah, Lindsey, your shaker card is as sweet as you are. And yummy, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute! Love the sequins in the ice cream scoops!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, that is the sweetest card, I love the ice-cream shape

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is super fun !! love the ice cream shaker idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cool card... what a great idea to use the ice cream die's!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a neat card! I love the way the ice cream scoops are angled, like they're threatening to tip off the cone! Creates a nice dynamism. Now I'm getting hungry--drats. :) Anyway, thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card Lindsey, I love how you've used the die,
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your unique take on a shaker card... Perfectly yummy. X

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is adorable! Such a fun image to use for a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness--I missed this post & I have to say this is a winner! Genius idea & perfectly implemented! My sis keeps all the cards I send, too--extra bonus to have loving family who appreciates what we do!

    ReplyDelete