Friday, October 25, 2013

PTI October Blog Hop: Tags

Sometimes I love the internet.  Sometimes not so much.  Right now not so much.  I was cutting it close as it was but unfortunately because of internet finickiness I missed the link up deadline for Papertrey's October Blog Hop.  Oh, well.  At least now I am a little bit ahead of the game for Christmas packaging.  And I did manage to squeeze in some paper crafting time, which I haven't been able to do this week, so I'm glad for that, too. :) (Nevermind the fact that I was trying to work super quickly and the room literally looks like a tornado went through [I'm not kidding...this mess rivals the biggest mess my toddler has ever made and he's made some good ones]...but I'll deal with the mess in the morning.)
PTI's challenge was to create a set of five tags using unique materials, but I've been so short on time this week that I couldn't get too creative.  I did use ribbon which is pretty unique for me and these were made entirely from scraps (except the red ornament), but that's probably a bit of a stretch.  Besides the common color scheme I also added snowflakes and rhinestones to each tag in one way or another and three of the five tags have glitter.  A few of the tags (like the zebra bow one) were made with specific family members in mind, which makes me smile.  For being a speedy last minute attempt, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to take some more photos (in better lighting) so you can actually see the details of the tags and then I might go into a bit more detail on the description, too.  Some are pretty sparkly and fun in person.  Hope many (if not all) of you got to participate in the hop.  I'm hoping in a few days to have some time to catch up on everyone's fabulous projects.
ETA: To see more photos/details about these tags go to this post. :)

Supplies
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, Think Big Favorites #19
Cardstock: aqua mist, pure poppy, white (PTI)
Ink: aqua mist, pure poppy, true black (PTI)
Dies: tag sale #4 (PTI)
Other: snowflake punch (Marcy Uchida), washi tape, rhinestones (CTMH), ribbon (Hobby Lobby), twine (The Twinery), glossy accents, white embossing powder (SU!), dazzling diamonds glitter (SU!)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful set of tags! I'd love to see close ups, although I did click on the pic and it got a little bigger. Love that zebra ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too bad you missed the deadline. You are right at least you are 5 tags ahead now. They are beautiful! Love that snowman with the snow, and the first one with the black and white ribbon. Hope your having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugggg just lost my comment.... Love the tags Lindsey . Sorry you missed the deadline,but you are right you are 5 tags ahead. Love the snowman with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love tags :)
    These are perfect...love the white on red especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lindsey, I'm so sorry you worked so hard and made such beautiful circular tags and then weren't able to link them up to the hop! And you ended up with a big fat mess! Bummer, that's what that was! I'm glad you got them posted so that we can see and be inspired by them! And the recipients will be thrilled with them!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each is so cute. I love the offset scenes like the snowman and snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these sweet tags, Lindsey!!!!

    ReplyDelete