Monday, May 20, 2013

PTI Make It Monday #116 & CAS(E) this Sketch #28

Tonight is a finishing night.  I've had several cards that I've started but never finished for one reason or another...some are days, weeks, even months old.  This card is "days old".  I used Make It Monday #116's technique (adding texture to stamps using a hair comb) and CAS(E) this Sketch #28.

My stamping isn't centered like the sketch, but that's because I had to modify it to accommodate a stamping error. :)  That's what you get when you don't pay attention to the direction the card opens before you stamp.  Oh, well.  Now that it's done I like the way it looks with a vertical orientation better anyway.  Plus, I ended up using a bunch of stamps I hadn't used in a while, and I love the way the "combed" circles look, so I was pretty happy with the outcome.  And that's it for me tonight.  It's been so long that I've been able to sit down and stamp for a good chunk of time that I wish I could keep going, but I know I'm probably already going to regret the sleep I've missed.
Supplies
Stamps: My Cute Stamps (Space Ships & Robots), PTI (Simply Stationary, Star Prints, Tremendous Treats: Birthday)
Ink: CTMH (Outdoor Denim), PTI (Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise)
Paper: PTI (Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Rustic White
Other: Comb

2 comments:

  1. oh my. I love this card. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!! I stay up way too late wrapping cards up too!!

    ReplyDelete