Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MIM #117 & CFC101

Yay for cards two days in a row! :) I had a bit of time to make this card today and quickly ran (yes, ran) outside to snap a photo before the sunlight was totally gone.  I paper pieced these darling little hippos for this this week's Make It Monday Challenge.  I also made this card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to stamp on designer paper.  I truly thought of each challenge separately as I assembled my card, and I'm so glad for both challenges because each sparked different ideas for elements on my card.
Okay, I can't help but put in one more shot of these hippos. (I've always loved them!) Though cutting the nostrils and teeth was a bit painstaking for the little guy, I just couldn't bring myself to skip that detail, and I'm glad I didn't.  I just love the way everything turned out.  This card will be hard to part with.  It will probably be one that I keep around for a while. (Sometimes I feel selfish that I'm reluctant to give away the cards I like the best...I hope I'm not the only one who has a hard time parting with cards they love. :) )
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Baby Button Bits, Tiny Treats: Birthday, Tremendous Treats: Birthday)
Ink: PTI (chamomile tea dye, kraft)
Paper: MME (Cowboy, Lost & Found Two), PTI (rustic cream)
Other: Michael's (tiny clothespin), PTI (Fabulous Frames Dies)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The hippos are adorable Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and playful. Just a heartwarming little card. Love it!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet baby card! Love the tilt of the frame. Just goes with that adoreable hippo duo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and cute card!
    And I can sooo much relate to that 'difficult parting' with cards you love.
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea to use both the tiny treats and tremendous treats hippos to make a mom & baby! I love it! Great card, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute...what a sweet card! Love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable Lindsey! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hippos are so cute! I love the paper piecing you did! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete