Saturday, February 11, 2012

Papertrey Sketch #2 Challenge

This card is PTI's sketch #2.  It's a lot softer than my last card because of the occassion.  Sympathy cards are always hard for me to do.  Here's the sketch.  I took a few creative liberties.
 And the card...
And now a close-up of the pot of flowers.  These were inspired by the leaf on Erin Lincoln's card in this post.  I always forget how pretty mixing two colors of ink on a stamp are until I do it.  These look so much neater in person, too.  They really are beautiful.
 Oh, and I decided through in a little closer view of the background, too.  You still can't see  it as well as I would have liked, but I just love PTI's Text Style set.
Supplies
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style (PTI), Iconic Images (PTI)
Ink: Old Olive (SU), Chamomile & Chai Tea Dye (PTI), So Saffron (SU), Cranberry (CTMH), Blush (CTMH)
Paper: Sweet Blush (PTI), Cream (from my stash)
Other: ribbon (from my stash...I don't remember where I got it)

2 comments:

  1. grandma would love this. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! I think I need this card to frame and display in my house (hint, hint). However, grandma would LOVE to receive it in the mail as well.

    ReplyDelete