Friday, March 16, 2018

Father's Day Fish

Yep, you read that right.  I skipped ahead to Father's Day.  I feel like the holidays are just flying by this year, and I'm barely keeping up, so as soon as I received the Spellbinder's Fishing Trip Etched Dies (S3-300), I knew I wanted to get a little ahead of the game and create a Father's Day card.  Really, it was my grandpas who were the big fishermen, but I know my dad fished with my Grandpa, so I figure it works.  I loved thinking of my grandpas while I made this card.  I used to get little fish hooks caught on my clothes (or skin!) all of the time when I rode in my grandpa's car.  And I chuckled when I added the string embellishment on the card.  I know that is something cardmaker's do, but I was thinking of tangled fishing line the whole time.  I can remember helping my grandpa untangle little knots in the line.  
This card was also a fun excuse to try out Distress Oxide Inks.  I got some on a crazy good sale around Christmas and had never tried them.  I blended most of the colors I had, splattered them with water, and then die cut lots of fish using the Spellbinder's Fishing Trip Etched Dies.  I liked them so much I didn't want to cover them up, so I used I tiny sentiment and called it good.  The Fishing Trip Dies actually come as a set of four, so they're definitely worth checking out for the fishermen in your life. :) Hope that you are headed into a wonderful weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!   

6 comments:

  1. One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!! This is fun Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and the story behind your card. You have wonderful fishing memories!
    And truthfully, I thought of Swedish fish candies when I first saw your card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun, Lindsey ... bright, colourful and so beautifully executed ... and such a lovely post about where your inspiration for this fabulous card came from! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your happy card, Lindsey! All the bright colors are such fun. And I loved your story about your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card and sweet memory's! I love why you added the thin string . We fished all the time while growing up.

    ReplyDelete