Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TAWS #39 & Simon Says: Christmas/Happy Holidays (Take 2)

I wasn't satisfied with the first card I made for the current TAWS Challenge, so I decided to make a new one.  I'm loving all the wreath cards floating around and couldn't resist making another one myself.  I was inspired by the colors in the inspiration photo and thought it would be fun to use them on another holiday card.  I hope it was okay to add green...I considered it a neutral here, you  know, like a wreath form is neutral when you buy it and then you add stuff to it. :) I created the wreath with the little pine branch image in TAWS's Trees Company set.   I just stamped it repeatedly in a circle like I did with the leaves on this card.  I used a paper hole punch to add the berries and topped it off with a bow from Lil' Inkers.  This card makes me happy, and my husband's reaction to it was much better.  This time when I asked him what he thought I got an enthusiastic "Awesome!" I'm so glad I gave the challenge another shot.   I'm also linking this card to the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas/Happy Holidays. (P.S. I did alter the sentiment from TAWS's Toyland set slightly by making the "T" into a "J"...I didn't think the toyful pun worked as well on this particular card.)
ETA: I just found out about a great link up over at Jingle Belles Rock (thanks Marie for the tip) that I wish I'd known about sooner.   They are doing their annual Pink Christmas...For the Cure and will be donating $4 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for every card linked up.  All you have to do is feature pink on a Christmas card.  The deadline is tomorrow (October 23rd 6pm EST), but if you have a bit of time, it certainly seems like a great cause to contribute to. 
Supplies
Stamps: Toyland, Trees Company (TAWS)
Paper: PTI (Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, White)
Ink: PTI (New Leaf, Summer Sunrise)
Other: small bow die (Lil' Inkers), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), orange striped washi tape, hole punch

15 comments:

  1. Excellent design! I love the orange sentiment and how you so craftily modified it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another beautiful card! Really love your CAS style!
    Thank you so much again for playing along with us at the Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired Challenge!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this really is beautiful Lindsey! Glad your husband agrees! I feel like some of my last cards should all be do-overs:) great colors for the wreath !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is cute, too. Equal to the others. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful wreath! And how clever that you used the branch to create it! Thanks for joining us again for the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and wreath! Very clever.

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards, Lindsey! I love the first card--that little elf matches the inspiration photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I comment on the wrong post? Sorry! Just wanted to tell you how much I love that little bow on the wreath--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lindsey! I really like your wreath a lot! It would fit in really well over at Jingle Belles too, where they are donating $4 per card linked, to the Susan G. Komen foundation. We're almost at $200...maybe we could even beat it! Anyway, I hope to see your card there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very glad you joined us at jingle belles ... Marie has done an awesome job for getting the word out for our annual drive ... love those whimsical colors for a holiday wreath ... so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh WOW another fabulous card, your stamped wreath is AMAZING, i really thought that was ONE stamp, you've lined the branches up sooooo perfectly! thanks for jumping in and helping raise our totals, we're hoping to write a NICE BIG CHECK this year to susan g. komen! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute wreath! I love that bow! Thanks for all your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is just something about wreath cards that I just love! Your little bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how simply sweet and charming! Love the embossed background and homespun wreath!

    ReplyDelete