Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Papertrey Blog Hop

 
Happy Memorial Weekend (for those of you in the US)!  This has always been a special weekend for my family.  I come from small families and it's a tradition on both sides of our family to decorate family graves on Memorial Weekend.  My grandmothers both bought or arranged the most beautiful bouquets every year and we'd travel to at least a couple cemeteries in different towns each year.  I loved the flowers, spending time with my grandparents, and hearing stories about all the different people whose graves we were decorating.  It's a tradition I hope to carry on.  I used this family tradition, a recent funeral I attended for an "adopted" grandmother, and Papertrey's May Blog Hop with a focus on floral images as inspiration for this card.  I also roughly used this color scheme.
This card started out with just the die cut image and some stamping in the negative space, but in the end I added a glittered vase with a tag tied on.  I built my bouquet using 1st and second generation stamping with three different inks.  A simple technique, but I love the way it turned out.  The big flower in the center really is a great melon-berry-looking color in real life, but it looks washed out in all the photos I took even though all the other colors are pretty true.  I have no idea how that is even possible, but apparently it is. 
Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy hopping! :)
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Daydreamer, Friendship Jar: Summer Fillers, Happy Hexagons, Round & Round, Turning a New Leaf)
Ink: PTI (harvest gold, spring moss), SU (groovy guava, pumpkin pie)
Paper: PTI (rustic white), MME (Lost & Found Two), Michael's (satin cardstock)
Other: CTMH (garden green marker), Martha Stewart (white gold glitter) PTI (Mat Stack 6 die, Tiny Tags Dies), The Twinery (buttercream twine)

7 comments:

  1. I love how you've created a bouquet with the Daydreamer flowers. Adding the jar as a vase was a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Lindsey! I love the glitter on the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Die Cut window showing your jar vase better!! I LOVE your Take on the Bouquet Color Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful floral arrangement! Love the glitter detail and matching stamped tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey what a beautiful tradition! Such a beautiful way to celebrate Memorial Day! Your jar of flowers card is also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you layered the flowers and the negative die-cutting looks fabulous. Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for your sweet comments, Lindsey. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete