Friday, July 10, 2020

Concord & 9th Feature Friday - Favorite Color Combos

Hello, friends!  Today I'm joining Concord & 9th for their Feature Friday and it's all about color!  No surprise there. ;) And today - right now even - you can hop over to Concord and 9th (click HERE) and pick up all your favorites in their brand new color collection. Run over and snag them and then come back...I'll wait. :D


Okay, so for today's Feature Friday we each got to choose a favorite color combo, and after much debate this summery combo won out for this (slightly late) graduation card.  I can't help but smile when I look at it...these colors are just so bright and cheery! 

The color combination I chose is honeysuckle + buttercup + clover + oceanside.  One thing that has been really cool to see with these inks is how the colors seem to change and adapt depending on what you pair them with.  Clover, for instance, looks really bright here, but then looks deeper and richer when paired with jewel tones.  

The colors begged to be on a rainbow, so I pulled out Concord & 9th's Rainbow Wishes stamp set.  Typically this set makes wider rainbows, but thanks to the pliability of photopolymer stamps, I was able to bend the stamps to make the arc narrower.  It also allowed me to bend the sentiment strips, so the words could replace one of the arcs (happy sigh).  This stamp set does come with coordinating dies, but since I had altered their shape I fussy cut them out and popped up each layer.

If you look reeeaally close you can see that I used my score tool to add 3 lines at the bottom of the card.  And there you have it!   Simple - just the way I like it. Thanks so much for visiting today!  Now go fill your day with color by visiting the Concord & 9th Blog to see lots more color combos and make sure to head to the C9 shop so you can pick up these fabulous new goodies.

4 comments:

  1. Happy, vibrant, fun, Lindsey ... and wonderfully crisp and fresh ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright happy colors, Lindsey, and look at that rainbow... sending cheer for sure! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely bright and happy Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your unique way of stamping that darling sentiment completes, and connects, your rainbow message to the graduate perfectly - and it's perfectly adorable, Lindsey! LOVE your combo of colors so much!
    =]

    ReplyDelete