Friday, July 31, 2020

C9 Feature Friday: Color Spectrum

Hello, friends!  Can you believe that July has come to an end?  Today is my final Feature Friday post with Concord and 9th (sniff, sniff).   This last post is probably the brightest of all as we are sharing project featuring the color spectrum, and I decided to make a rainbow of tags plus a quick CAS card for good measure.
As soon as I saw our assignments for the month I knew that I wanted to create a rainbow of pineapples for this week, and I have been waiting all month to use them!  I originally planned to make a summer banner for our mantle, but then I realized this would be perfect for some tags I needed to make.  I work with the teenage girls in our church.  We've only been able to meet virtually for the last several months, so I decided it was about time to drop off a little care package on their doorsteps.  These tags were such a happy way to dress up the gift bags.
The obvious star of the show is Concord & 9th's Pop Art Pineapples.  I stamped them in Poppy, Marmalade, Buttercup, Parsley, Oceanside, and Honeysuckle.  (You can find all these inks here.)  Then I die cut all 12 of them.  
The next discovery was pretty exciting.  I wanted to create a colorful frame on the tag and immediately thought of Concord & 9th's new Hexagon Label Dies, but after diecutting the pineapples I realized the fit was just a bit too snug.  Then (and here is the happy discovery) I remembered that the Blooms Fill-In Dies had a similar shape, so I pulled them out hoping for the best.  Sure enough, it has the exact same shape just scaled a tad bigger, which is exactly what I needed. 
I used the largest hexagon in the Hexagon Label Dies and the hexagon frame in the Blooms Fill-In Dies to create the frame in matching colors. 
To add just a bit more interest to the tag, I made horizontal score marks across the white base of the tag.  Then, I popped up the pineapple, and heat embossed the tiny "hello" from the Bitty Burst Turnabout Stamp Set
Ta-Da!  A rainbow of tags. :) 
And just to keep things interesting for the rest of the tags I needed to make, I decided to mix and match the colors. 
I can't help but smile when I see all these bright colors together. : ) And I loved them so much I didn't want even the tiniest scrap of cardstock to go to waste, so I pulled all the scraps together, cut them in strips, and made a dozen of this super simple card to tuck inside the gift bags. (PS If you haven't noticed, I can't get enough of the "hi" die in the Hexagon Labels Die set.  I love it!) 
It's been such a fun month! All of this color has truly brightened my days and brought me so many smiles as have my associations with you. :) Many thanks to Concord & 9th for having me, and thank YOU for spending time with me here! Now go fill your day with more color by visiting the Concord & 9th Blog.

2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest, Lindsey … I'll bet the girls at your church love you!
    Your pineapple tags are adorable. I have only one color of that C&9th paper so far, but you better believe I'll be adding to my stash soon - I'll be saving your 'scrap' idea - so fun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just so fun and cute, Lindsey ... and must have been so appreciated by the girls who received your care packages! Love that hi card with the squares of colour ... deliciously clean, deliciously CAS! You've been such a fantastic ambassador for C9 this month ... you just make everything soooo tempting! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete