Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Spellbinders Sweet Christmas

Hello!  Today I've got my first Christmas tags and cards of the season to share.  Too early...maybe.  But our fall is going to be increasingly busy, so I'm grateful for this headstart to the Christmas season.  All of my projects today use dies from Spellbinders' A Sweet Christmas collection.  I also pulled out an oldie but goodie for all of my projects - Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Four dies.  I have had these dies forever it seems, but I still reach for them.
The focal point of my first card is the Hanging Stockings die.  You don't need to add much to create a card with this large scene (read: it makes for really quick cards!). The sentiment comes from the new From Our Home to Yours dies and to help it stand out a bit more I placed it on top of vellum.  I used some partial die cutting with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Four dies to create a bit of a decorative edge on the vellum...partially because the card came together so quickly I thought I better put in a little effort and do a little something extra. :)
This next card showcases the big Santa from the From Our Home to Yours dies.  This set is pretty fantastic and comes with 10 different dies.  The shaker window was created with the largest of the  Nestabilities Label Four dies.  I pulled out another really old set of dies, the Nestabilities Circles dies, to create the tag and adorned it with a little holly from the From Our Home to Yours die collection.
I've been itching to make tags, and now seemed to be the perfect time.  I created frames by double cutting two sizes of the Label Four dies.  This tree is from Hanging Stockings die.  Don't be afraid to use just a portion of the die!  It was so easy to trim off just a section, and I feel like it gives the die a lot more life.
My last tag uses yet another die from the From Our Home to Yours die collection.  These tags were so quick and easy to make (great for mass production), but I still loved how they turned out. 
Ahh...seeing these all together brings the biggest smile.  Something about classic Christmas colors just makes me so happy, and these dies really made things come together quickly, which makes me even happier!  I hope you've had a great start to your week.  Thanks for spending a little of it with me. :)

4 comments:

  1. A super sweet Christmas collection, Lindsey ... such fabulous traditional images and colours ... so festive! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling way to accentuate the negative, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all delightful Lindsey! Love the shade of green you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handclaps and hurrahs! I designed these dies with projects like yours in mind- simple enough to actually get them done with stunning results. Love them all but especially your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete