Monday, September 10, 2018

Monster Hugs

Good morning!  I made these cards a few days ago using the super cute Stamptember collaboration set between Concord & 9th and Simon Says Stamp called Monster Hugs.  It surprised me in the mail about a week and a half ago, and I immediately fell in love with it.  Obviously great for Halloween, but cute enough for all year, especially with the variety of sentiments included in this set.
I made two cards, both of which come together in a snap.  I don't have the accompanying dies for Monster Hugs, but it's really no trouble at all to fussy cut the images. I started off my first card with a Dip-Dyed Card base from Concord & 9th.  It was the perfect way to ground this little guy.  My favorite thing about the design of this set is that the hand monster's arm is separate from the body, and you can choose to either have a waving hand or a hand that holds something.  I love that you get a choice!  I colored him very minimally with Prismacolor Pencils and added just a bit more color by ombre stamping stacked birthday sentiments.  Some Pretty Pink Posh star confetti helped add a bit more to the celebratory mood.  
Next up I went with a simple Halloween card using a sign from the set.  I wanted to keep the same color scheme (orange, navy, and turqoise) and even managed to carry over the star and confetti elements.  I used Simon Says Stamp's Wide Stripes Background for the background and stamped Concord & 9th's Bitty Burst Turnabout on top of that.  (I just did a single stamp of the Turnabout.)
With such a bold background, I kept the monster neutral, with just a tiny bit of shading.  Don't you just love the look on his face?  He's adorable, and I had so much fun making these cards.  Now to choose who to send them to...I'm not really eager to part with them quite yet. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you can snag one of these sets before they are gone...they're selling out rapidly!  




5 comments:

  1. Yep, he's definitely a cutie, Lindsey ... however he's presented ... and you've showcased him beautifully on both bold cards! So fun! Enjoying seeing you around blogland a little more! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are as cute as they can be Lindsey! I like the stars you added to both designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lindsey! SO cahUTE! YES I do love his expression! and I LOve the idea of the interchangeable hand!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie--your cards are adorable! Love the hands!

    ReplyDelete