Saturday, August 18, 2018

Spellbinders Inked Messages Collection

Hi!  Can you believe I'm back already with more cards?  I've been able to squeeze some extra time in this month to create.  I sure love when I can do that.  Today I'm sharing some neat products designed by Stephanie Low for the new Spellbinders Inked Messages Collection.  She is a talented artist with a unique style, and it was fun for me to step out of my norm a bit while creating these cards.
First up is the Spellbinders Message in a Bottle Stamp and Die set.  My son thought the ship in a bottle was so neat, so I had to make him an extra bottle to keep. :) For my card, I embossed the bottle image with silver, and then embossed the inside image with white and colored it with my Zig Markers.  I would actually recommend doing the opposite if you are going to emboss.  Emboss the inside image first and then the bottle image, so the bottle lines remain crisp.
I thought the sentiment "sending sunshine" was perfect for this little scene.  Doesn't the sun make those big waves seem less treacherous and more like a helpful driving force?  I love that idea.
My second card uses the One Day at a Time Stamp and Die set.  It's such a unique image, and I opted to use my Zig markers again to color it.  I don't often reach for the darker card bases, but it just seemed like the right choice this time to really allow the image to stand out.
Many thanks to Spellbinders for allowing me the chance to play with these great new products!  I hope y'all have a lovely weekend! It's a rainy day here which means lots of time for cleaning and de-junking...always a good thing. :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Super showcasing of these images, Lindsey ... doesn't look as though you were outside of your comfort zone, you did a great job! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete