Friday, August 31, 2018

Concord & 9th Feature Friday: Grateful for Everything

Good morning!  I'm so happy to be able to join Concord and 9th with one last Feature Friday this month.  The last set we are featuring is a stunner called Grateful for Everything and the name fits my feelings perfectly about how much I've loved being able to guest design this month for Concord & 9th.  And I have to tell ya, this is one of my absolute favorite sets from the August Release.  If you've been around Concord & 9th for a while, you'll remember Hello, Lovely - a beautiful floral spray that is still a favorite of mine.  This set is the autumn follow up to that.  The image is gorgeous colored, but so pretty that you don't have to color it.  I LOVE that!  So today all three of my cards embrace that wonderful feature.
My first two cards feature a popped up panel.  For a little added fun, the portion that is popped up is either a shade darker or a shade lighter than the image on the base.  This technique is sure a lot easier now with a stamping tool like the MISTI.  
To make my popped up panel just a bit fancier, I used a decorative edge from the Select-A-Size Edge Dies.  I really, really love these dies, and they are in Concord & 9th's Last Chance category (sniff, sniff!), so make sure you grab them on sale before they're gone. 
The sentiment on this card comes from Painted Rose.  You'll notice that the handwritten script in the Painted Rose sentiments is in the same style as those in Grateful for Everything, so they are really easy to swap out. 
On my second card I wanted the flowers to frame the sentiment; however, the beautiful floral spray in Grateful for Everything is so detailed that it took me a little bit to find a sentiment that would stand out enough between the two images. 
The bold font in So Happy for You was just right, especially paired with the die cut "you" from the You're My Happy dies (which was easily altered with one little snip).
My last card has a variance in color as well, but this time it is created with vellum instead of using differing shades of ink.  It features the fabulous stripes from Shiplap Sentiments as well as my favorite sentiment from Grateful for Everything, which was embossed on the vellum.
And here's one last look at the cards all together. :)
Thanks so much for joining me today and all this month!  You most definitely are going to want to see how my teammates used this set (we've got some talented colorists in this bunch!), so make sure you're next stop is the Concord & 9th Blog.  You are headed for a a treasure of inspiration. :) Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You always work magic with C9 goodies, Lindsey (well, with everything really!) ... these are beautiful ... classy, elegant, simple ... and full of gorgeous impact! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anita, beautiful, classy, elegant...just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love the way you used this stamp! I bought this one and I was so excited see you use it too! Like our sweet friend Anita said .....you work magic!!!!!! Hope you are feeling well and that your family is happy . Hugs dear girl!

    ReplyDelete