Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mother's Day Cards

My own dear mother is as amazing as they come, but I have been blessed to have many "mothers" through different seasons of my life.  So when Mother's Day rolls around I find myself needing several cards.  These are just two that I made, and since I was on a time crunch I used the same basic layout for both cards.  First I stamped an outline image lightly all over the card base and then I popped up one colored focal image.  
My momma loves pink, so I made this one for her using Technique Tuesday's Enjoy Layered Flower.  Isn't it pretty?  And it is so easy to stamp.  Love that!  My second card uses Technique Tuesday's Lilac stamp set and dies that were just released this month.
I have to tell you a little story about lilacs.  I was so happy to get this stamp because I love lilacs.  My grandmother had lilacs in her yard.  I loved how they smelled and how they would cover the giant bushes in gorgeous blossoms, but most of all I loved that they reminded me of her.  When we moved into our house about three years ago we had an unruly bush growing through our fence.  My husband cut it down; however, it seemed determined to grow.   When it came back it wasn't growing through the fence anymore, so we just let it stay.  After all, it did have beautiful leaves.  About a month or so ago I was clearing the flower bed next to the bush, and I found the most wonderful surprise tucked against the fence...lilacs!  I instantly thought of my grandmother and shed a few joyful tears at such a delightful little blessing to find this sentimental flower in my very own yard. 
I hope that you have the most wonderful Mother's Day.  I know that this isn't an easy holiday for many, but I do hope that you feel oh so loved on this special day.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards, Lindsey, and I LOVE your story about the lilacs! Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely florals, Lindsey ... gorgeous the subtle backgrounds for those delicious single flowers! What a lovely story about your lilac bush ... no doubt your Grandmother was looking down on you as you discovered those lovely blooms ... such a happy moment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fresh and lovely Lindsey! Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete