Wednesday, May 17, 2017

CASometry Challenge 3. Randomizer - Final Stage

Hello!  I'm popping in to share my final card for the CASometry Challenge 3 Randomizer Challenge.  Each phase of this challenge has had a different twist, but this one was the hardest.  You had to choose one of your cards from a previous stage (I chose this one) and use the exact same stamps and dies, nothing added...nothing taken away.  It was perhaps a bit harder for me because I was away from home and had only brought the supplies I thought I would need for the idea I had in my head, but then that didn't work out.
To pull me out of my slump, I used additional inspiration from Jessica's Crafty Christmas Collaboration #3..specifically Sharna's cute critter card HERE. Loved her colorful background, so I stamped the stars in a bunch of colors and quickly ran over them with a waterbrush to blend out the colors. 
The first card I completed was this.
Altenew Wood Pallet Background Stamp (stars)...check.
MFT Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Window...check.
Winnie & Walter Sentimental: Winter...check.
Clearly Besotted Let's Prance Stamps and Dies....missing. :(

For the life of me I could not figure out how to put a reindeer on here.  I had lots of ideas, but the background was so intense, nothing worked.  So I set out to make a different card.  I was a little worried because I'd only brought 2 sheets of white paper, and I'd already used one. This time, I drew inspiration from Jessca's darling owl card HERE from her first Crafty Christmas Collaboration.  I loved the owl perched on the branch and the start contrast between the black and soft aqua background.  I reeeally wanted to blend inside the circle (I knew I could use the MFT die like a stencil), but my card was starting to look too much like my original card, so I did this instead.
I randomly stamped the sentiments, embossed the circle die, die cut my little reindeer (colored him with my inks and a grey Zig marker because that is what I had), stamped little trees to create a pine bough, and fussy cut the tiniest stars in Altenew's Wood Pallet Background set and used them like embellishments (which worked great because I hadn't brought any with me). Mission accomplished! Phew.   Here is the comparison of both cards using the same supplies. 
And finally I'll leave you with a quick view of all the cards I made for the challenge.  (I couldn't take a group shot because I've already mailed half of them.)
Thank you, Anna, for hosting such a fun challenge and for getting me to use so many of my supplies.  There are so many fabulous companies represented in this photo and I particularly love how I was able to combine multiple companies products on the same card.  It's been a great 5 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I love your last card, Lindsey! So clean and simple!!
    And thank you very much for participating in CASometry challenge! All your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete