Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hugs

Today was another beautiful rainy day, and I was happy to sneak in some time to try the two-toned sentiments for PTI's Make It Monday #224.  I didn't think I'd be able to try, but my sister has an embosser!  It must be really old and I'm sure it has been years since it has been used, but I was so excited to find it. My colors were inspired by cQc #309.  I thought the combination of colors conveyed the message I was trying to send--that there is bright hope even amidst the darkest greys of life.  Unfortunately the colors don't look quite right in the photo...they really do resemble the ColourQ photo with shades of grey and deeper yellow and orange, but I had to run out in the rain to take the picture and a card can only get so wet before it is ruined. :) So please use your imagination to replace the black in the photo with gray and lessen the contrast between shades.  Well, I'm off to catch some sleep tonight.  Thanks for the visit! :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Love this Lindsey, to rocked the MIM technique and the vellum leaves are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lindsey and how brave of you to take your card into the rain!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that cool MIM technique, but haven't had time to watch the video or join in. When I saw your card pop up, however, I had to take a minute to tell you that I LOVE it! I really, really love it in the gray shades and the vellum, Lindsey! It is so sophisticated and I think the rain made a perfect backdrop for it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome, Lindsey! Love how your sentiment turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REally lovely, Lindsey! Love that cover plate, and your colors didn't need one bit of mental photo-shop-ing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lindsey, just love your design!! & the colors are beautiful together!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very pretty--love your two toned sentiment. I tried using that cover plate for mine, and it didn't work with my sentiment. Works perfectly with yours. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design! I love the vellum leaves and the two-tone butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the cover plate you used for that sentiment and the vellum leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful in spite of the rain...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lindsey, I wondered what that MIM technique might look like in shades of grey ... now I know ... absolutely beautiful! Subtle, delicate and with just the perfect little touch of glorious colour ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! Love the way that yellow just pops on here!

    ReplyDelete