Friday, February 13, 2015

PTI Challenges Continue: It's a Two-fer

I had a chance to make another card for PTI's Anniversary Challenges.  Yay!  This one was inspired by two challenges: Day 1: Color/Sketch Challenge and Day 5: Use an un-inked stamp set.  (PS I love when I can combine challenges.)
I was pleasantly surprised that finding an un-inked stamp set was pretty difficult.  Darnell has truly inspired me to use my NBUS (never-been-used-schtuff), and between her challenges and a large box of stamp supplies that I recently gave away, I don't have much left that I haven't used.  (Well, at least as far as stamps are concerned.)  I did finally find two un-inked mini sets, so I used a sentiment from Polka Dot Parade #12 on this card.  I also used my never-before-used PTI Bitty Button Stacks dies and a new diagonal striped stencil from Winnie & Walter.  I chose the following sketch and color palette to inspire my card.

This card took WAAAY longer than it should have to put together.  I'll spare you the details, but let's just say I could recreate it in about a fifth of the time, and I almost threw it away six or seven times.  Luckily, perseverance paid off, and I learned a thing or two along the way.  Learning is always a good thing, right?  Do you want to know what made me the happiest about this card?  There is no white!  Okay, there is a tad bit on the baker's twine, but I'm not counting that.  The colored card base alone was cause for me to celebrate.  
Oh, I better get going.  I think I hear a little one waking up, so I'm off to give a few cuddles.  Hope today is a cheery day for you!

8 comments:

  1. I adore that sweet cluster of bitty buttons!! This is a pretty card Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and the color combo is great! I know how important it is to get in the cuddles. I craft when my little 7 month old naps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that work and it was for sure worth it! This is stunning! I love the vellum over the stripes( you stamped.....right? ) and the pretty little cluster of bits! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you persevered with this one, Lindsay. It's really lovely! Enjoy those cuddles too. Happy Valentine's Day. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love these colors!! SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet posy, Lindsey ... lovely with the delicate vellum ... and those stripes are glorious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is gorgeous and I love those sweet button flowers--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete