Friday, February 13, 2015

PTI Challenge: Maile Inspired

Okay, so I am a giant fan of Maile Belles.  I mean huge.  Love, love, LOVE everything she makes. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to play along with all of PTI's challenges this week, but if there was only one I could play along, it was going to be Day 2's Challenge to create something inspired by Maile.
I just wish I had had time to photograph them better, but they had to go to my son's preschool teachers today...aaaannnd I made them late last night. :)  They were inspired by Maile's awesome stamped patterns which almost always have a triangular pattern using the rule of three and her use of black sentiments embellished with black rhinestones.

When my son saw the cards this morning, he said he wanted to make his own for Miss Kris, so I got out some inks and stamps and he went to town.  I'm a bit jealous of his color combo...I like it better than the ones I did. :) I got to help out in his classroom today, and he was so proud to give his card to the teacher.  It made me happy.
PS I'm also linking the Valentine card up to CASology's Week 133 "Love" Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Fun set of cards and I can see the Maile inspiration!
    And your son's card is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely darling!
    tell your boy that his card is AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely, and really capture the essence of Maile's design. I am jealous of yours! And, I just love your son's creative card. So very sweet, especially the one pink heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute set of cards and you little man did a SUPER job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I do love his color combo! I love your set of cards Lindsay! I might just go and make some just like yours.
    I watched our youngest while my daughter helped at school and we stamped hearts too! She is two she loves stamping with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this will be CASed a lot! Such a simple yet effective design! Love the 'floating' hearts! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, Lindsey ... you've captured 'essence of Maile' perfectly here! Your son's card is so sweet ... and yep, his colour combo is yummy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous set of cards--love your CAS design! And your son's card is so sweet--the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete