Sunday, November 30, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions: November

Kim sent such a fun kit this month.  It was full of fabulous die cuts and images most of which I had never even seen before, which made it extra fun.  Make sure to check out the 12 Kits of Occasions blog to see the other designer's fabulous creations.  It will certainly put you in a happy Christmas mood, which is totally allowed now that Thanksgiving is over. :)  And now for my cards...
This tree was on one of the papers in the kit.  It was pretty great on it's own, but I felt like I needed to put at least a little effort into this card, so I added some fun flat sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  I like cupped sequins, but there is just something about flat sequins that I love. Plus, it is great for mailing.
There was a lot of black in the kit, which I don't normally reach for, but really enjoyed using.  I went with a slight chalkboard effect.  Isn't this Christmas sentiment pretty?  I love it.
Sorry for the dark photo on this one.  The glitter is quite bright and sparkly in real life.  This was such a simple card.  I just added a little watercoloring and glitter to the image and hand cut the hill.
This last one changed so many times.  It looks nothing like my original idea.  It was fun embellishing this Santa.  I added just a tad of watercolor, glitter, and glossy accents and was amazed at how much it changed the image.  
I feel like I barely scratched the surface with this awesome kit, and I can't wait to be able to use it again.  There are some notes from Santa that I'm particularly excited to use for my son.  Make sure to pop over to the 12 Kits blog to see how all the other designers used their kits.  It will be a worthwhile trip I'm sure. :)

16 comments:

  1. I love them all Lindsey. That plaid one...really love that...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...your CAS design on this set is beautiful. Love them all Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cards! love that tree paper... you and Sharron used it almost the exact same way!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the kit! The tree is perfect with the trim to the side,and I love the embleshed Santa! The happy CHRISTMAS card is darling with a bit of snow.hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I bet your pies were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey...I love how you used your kit, so much fun! I saved that paper you used on your first card not sure what I would do, so thank you for the inspiration. I love all your fabulous cards and hope you have fun playing with your kit leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job on all your cards. I really like how you used that ornate Merry Christmas sentiment. That one had me stumped, so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made many outstanding cards from Kim's kit, Lindsey, and I can't wait to see your other creations as they are posted! My favorite today is your sweet CAS sledder!! The patterned sky and all that white just melted my heart!! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey these are all FABulous!! All of you girls always give me so much inspiration and I love seeing the variety made form the same kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Lindsay! I'm in love with your cards! Can I give you my address? I wouln't mind receiving one of these! Lol. You certainly did a wonderful job with this kit and now I have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing. PS: Hope your sweet newborn is doing great. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome kit! I love the different styles of cards, and the glittery snow is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smitten with a few amazing ideas I see here today. The vellum wreaths on the black are a nice clean take on the chalkboard look - so clever...and OMG! I never thought to use an image on the pattern paper! BRILLIANT! The close up with the sequins is yummy! I'm feeling inspired here! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING designs, Lindsey! I love the Merry Christmas inside the chalkboard, so classic! The Santa is perfect inside the wreath, too. And that sweet glittering bunny, eek! I still am in awe that you are creating these beauties with a new baby and another little one at home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your creations using Kim's kit! The wreath with Santa is such a fantastic idea and I adore your other design using the black. What a great way to showcase that gorgeous sentiment! We must have been thinking alike by using the tree design. I always love when a cool design on some patterned paper can easily became a card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these are all fabulous! Great job with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindsey, these are all so fabulous ... I love how you did the Santa with the vellum wreaths around him ... and I adore the sweet, glittery, sledding bunny! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete