Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Two Cards for Two CASE Challenges

**If you're looking for my 12 Kits of Occasions post, please click here. :)
Because Case Study is going on an indefinite break :( and because Debby Hughes (one of my VERY favorite cardmakers) is the muse this month, I sacrificed some sleep last night to make this card.  I think it is pretty obvious how I was completely inspired by Debby's beautiful card.  I even used many of the same supplies.  I just couldn't help myself...I've always loved this card.
 
I know this cluster is super super similar to Debby's, but isn't it nice sometimes to have permission to CASE without guilt?
And here's one last shot.  I feel like making this card again but switching out the hearts for snow and the sentiment for a Christmas one...and I just might.  :)  Oh, and I almost forgot.  Since I used some goodies I got from Simon Says Stamp, I decided to link it to their Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.
I also forgot to share a card that I made for CAS(E) This Sketch #94.  Last week when I shared this card, the wonderful Donna Mikasa hinted that the card was really similar to an upcoming sketch.  I had to chuckle when I saw the sketch the next day.  It really could have worked.  
Last week I'd also made a striped panel of scraps, but I never used it on a card.  Not wanting it to go to waste and with the sketch in mind, I added "thanks" and another super simple thank you card was born...and just in time.  I keep running out! 
Grateful Heart Card Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts/Studio Calico (Oh Snap), PTI (Birds & Blooms), WPlus9 (Fresh Cut Florals)
Ink: PTI (pure poppy), SU! (old olive), VersaMark
Other: Michael's (modeling paste), SSS (Falling Hearts stencil), The Twinery (maraschino twine), Zing (gold embossing powder)
Thanks Card Supplies
Paper: Echo Park (Sweet Girl)
Dies: PTI (Wet Paint Dies)

18 comments:

  1. Two absolutely stunning cards Lindsey! I LOVE your case of Debby's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lynn! Very WELL done Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW!! You rock both challenges, Lindsey! I love the angled design on the first and the use of pattern paper (with the sketch)! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Lindsey - I love them both! Your designs are so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful and I am so in love with that first card, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning cards. The first one is so gorgeous. And, I feel another CASE coming on for the second one. You have inspired me again with your die cut word and paper scraps. For once, I would like to think of something first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yours cards. They are both perfect!!! So classy, stylist, sweet, and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO (PICTURE THAT WORD IN 80 PT FONT SIZE!) brilliant, Lindsey! What a winning, perfect CASE of Debby's beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lindsey. You have here a very beautiful and personal interpretation of Debby's card, congratulations again! I agree with you about having permission to CASE without guilt... yes, sometimes it is exactly what I feel like doing... I mean, we are CASE(ing) someone whose work we love, so it is a temptation...
    Your second card is simply fantastic, what a beautiful and effective way of using your scraps.
    Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your first card is absolutely stunning, Lindsey! I love it!
    And I also love your mix of patterned papers and take on the sketch for your second card! It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your first card... wow that is gorgeous! Ditto everything everyone else said.... Love it!
    I also love your very creative second card... you are on such a creative rolllllllllll that keeps on going!
    I am happy you need lots of thank you cards that means you are blessed with many gifts and kindness ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I called this one! I knew it was winning, Lindsey!! Congratulations on being a Top Five at Case Study!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You pretty much nailed the CASE Study card! So gorgeous!
    And I'm glad you linked up another beauty to CAS(E) this Sketch with your "leftovers"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Congrats on your win at CASE - I love that close up with the embossed feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So worth it!!! So Gorgeous really love the heart stenciling on the first card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, Lindsey, that's one gorgeous CASE ... simply stunning ... and I see it deservedly won honours at CASE Study ... congratulations! Fab DP strips card ... the white thanks is so beautifully simple against all those fun colours and patterns! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a GREAT card! Love every detail of it my friend!

    ReplyDelete