Friday, January 31, 2014

For Donna (CASE Study #176)

The amazing Donna Mikasa is the muse at CASE Study for the month of January. I panicked a bit yesterday when I realized it was the end of the month because I absolutely could NOT miss out on the opportunity to CASE someone of whom I so greatly admire.  I'm amazed with each and every card Donna makes, and I always associate gold, sequins, and distress inked any and everything with her (see here, here, here, here, and here for a *few* of my inked favorites).
As you can tell I went extremely literal with my case.  Why mess with perfection, right?  And in real life the gold is actually very similar to Donna's, but oddly enough it turned out really yellow in the picture.  This amazing sentiment is from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy from the brand new Winnie & Walter.  I fell in love with this set from the very first sneak peek and knew I had to get it.   I had a lot of fun making this card.  It's obviously not quite a Donna card, but I hope she'll be pleased.
Supplies
Stamps: The Big, the Bold, and the Happy (Winnie & Walter)
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White (PTI), transparency paper
Other: Doily Details Dies (PTI), gold embossing powder (Zing!)

8 comments:

  1. I am very pleased with your CASE! Thank you for your sweet comments, too--I am humbled! And I, too, love that W&W sentiment set and ran to order it as soon as I saw it! Love that you used it on the CASEd card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous case of Donna! I never knew you could emboss on transparency! Mind blown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold embossed sentiment over the pretty pink doilies.....beautiful ! I don't see any yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, well, I don't agree that's it's obviously not a 'Donna card,' Lindsey. It looks EZACKLY like a Donna card to me! WOWZA!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun, I love how you used the doilies in the background. And I'm dying to get that Winnie & Walter stamp set. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the doilies was brilliant Lindsey! Such yummy contrast with the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete