Thursday, October 3, 2013

Moxie Fab Ready-Made Embellishments, Simon Says Dotty, & ColourQ #209

Happy October!  I just love this month.  My son and I had a blast pulling out all our fall/Halloween decorations yesterday.  And although I've been loving the fall colors/theme, I was itching to make something bright and happy, especially after seeing this week's ColourQ Challenge.
This was such a fun card to make.  I love to buy embellishments and yet struggle to use them.  I'm glad that Moxie Fab World's Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge finally gave me the push I needed to break them out and complete a project.  I pulled out a couple coordinating embellishments from My Mind's Eye and set to work.  I trimmed the chipboard flowers, so they would be flush with the bottom and right side of the striped paper (which is actually the packaging from the word stickers....I just loved the stripes and couldn't throw it away).  Inspired by this week's Simon Says...We're Going Dotty Challenge, I then filled in some of the open spaces with some rhinestone dots and added a circle patterned paper to the right edge.  And the MME word stickers finished it off.
I love the dimension and colors on this card, and I'm pretty thrilled that I used some of the embellishments that I tend to hoard.  And it's silly, but I loved that the only thing I had to glue down was the paper.  I was surprised at how happy that made me.  Well, my dough has risen, and I'm off to finish dinner.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope that you have a happy Friday and a fabulous weekend! :)

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Lindsey, love those die cut flowers. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This would make the greatest cake. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color scheme- so bright and happy. Your eye really made a cluster that has movement and eye appeal. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when your embellishments completely tie in with a colour challenge! The cluster of blooms look beautiful set against the strip of paper...thanks for joining us at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all you fabulous embellishments Lindsey! Great way to use them, they are just perfect of CQ . I love fall too, but right now we just have very high winds! We were watching the BYU Utah State game and I see a bit of snow already in Logan Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and composition of your card, Lindsey! Did you submit any cards to the most recent PC call? :) Thanks SO much for all of the sweet comments you have left on my blog. They always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Lindsey, your chip board flowers and the striped paper are a perfect combo for the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lindsey, so pretty and feminine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete