Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just For Fun

Hello!  I've been uploading lots of pictures and happened across a card I never shared here (probably because I forgot to take a photo until I gave it to my niece at her birthday party).  Her party was a Shake It Up Dance party, so I used that as my inspiration for the card.  I focused mostly on the colors of the show's logo and stars seemed appropriate.  It was a bit challenging to make a card that looked more grown-up to me...my nieces are getting too old too fast.  I really wanted to stick a princess or something "younger" on the card.  It's a bit hard to tell but I embossed the sentiment on a clear cardstock banner, hence the reflection in the photo.  I've been doing lots of cleaning this week and not so much cardmaking (okay, no cardmaking).  Truthfully, both make me happy.  I  have my mother to thank for instilling in me an appreciation for a clean house.  Hope everyone is having a happy week.

7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Lindsey! Love your stamping and what a great birthday card and fantastic CASE of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous design. The colors, images and layout all work so perfectly well together. This is dead on for a teenage girl. I will be casing this one for sure. The sentiment on clear is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put the sentiment on acetate! Great card for a preteen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say perfect for a teenager! Fun way to do the sentiment. Love the way you used the paper on the side of the card too,Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Perfect for a young lady! Great colors, love the clear cardstock, and those stripes along the left... Really great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the heat embossed sentiment on clear CS! Awesome way to let those fab stars show through. I adore the strip along the left side too. I'm sure she felt grown up :)

    ReplyDelete