Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Birthday Bash, Moxie Fab Gold & Simon Says..Anything Goes

Fresh Squeezed Stamps is celebrating their first birthday this week and I wanted to join in on the fun by making a birthday card for their Fresh Squeezed Birthday Bash Challenge.  I ended up only using their On Trend 2013 set for this card, and I was super happy when I discovered that the watercolor stroke makes a fun cloud.  The layout was actually inspired by this past week's CASE Study Challenge (hence the angle of the clouds & sentiment), but alas I didn't have time to post until this evening and that challenge is closed.  I'm still grateful for the inspiration, though. :) I also gained inspiration from the All That Glitters is Gold Challenge at Moxie Fab World.  I've been wanting to make something for this challenge for weeks and have had several gold supplies (including glitter) sitting out for when the time presented itself.  As I was making this card I thought about how sometimes as the sun sets here it catches the windows of a few buildings at the base of the mountain and they just sparkle.  It's beautiful.  I had that in mind when I added the gold glitter to the windows.  It's just a touch of gold, but it makes me smile.
For sure the most time consuming element on this card was fussy cutting out the skyline.  I was really thankful that I only had to do it once. :)  The final touch was embossing the bottom of the aqua mist panel with Papertrey's Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.  Oh, I almost forgot...I'm also entering this into the Simon Says...Anything Goes Challenge.  I sure love Simon Says Stamp...so convenient to be able to purchase from several companies that I love all in one spot.  Well, that's it for me tonight.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really do appreciate all the kind comments you leave.

8 comments:

  1. fabulous, Lindsey! saw that you're the winner of the TAWS blog hop.. go grab your prize, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous. I love any sort of skyline, and yours--with the fussy cutting and the gold, is particularly spectacular. Great idea about the clouds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, Lindsey! Love how you created the cloud with the watercolor swoosh -- inspiring idea! Thanks for playing along in our Fresh Squeezed Stamps Birthday Bash Challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, Lindsey! I love that interesting sky and the gold sparkle on the windows from the setting sun! It really does do that!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow , you did a great job with the fussy cutting….It looks like you used a die. Love,love your idea of the gold on the window because the sun is setting….so smart! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Lindsey! Love your use of the watercolor brush - awesome clouds!! Thanks so much for joining us at Fresh Squeezed Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning the taws hop...i can't wait to see what you make!!! :)

    I love this design. The angled bg and sentiment are perfect. The brown skyline silhouette is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete