Thursday, October 10, 2013

Curtain Call: Spooky Scene & Simon Says...Clear Stamp

Yay!  I finally got to play along with another Curtain Call Challenge.  Stacey always picks the best inspiration photos, and we had this fun "spooky scene" below as our inspiration.  The front porch scene immediately made me think of trick-or-treaters so I pulled out my favorite (and super old) halloween set.  The black and white with pops of color in the photo also stood out. I initially was just going to stick with orange (and hopefully it still is more dominant), but bits of green and purple got thrown in as this card evolved...and evolve it did.  I've been working on it here and there for the past week.  One other thing that stood out to me was the shine/reflection in the windows.  That got translated into glossy accents on the witch, cat, and mummy's eyes and the dangling spider's body.  I also threw in a few sequins (from the Dollar Store no less....I can't pass up a good deal) because they're so good at reflecting light.  Oh, and the glitter...I may have gotten a bit carried away with shiny accents.  The twine bow tied to the tag was inspired by this card by the truly amazing Amy Wanford.  I'm also linking this up at Simon Says...Use a Clear Stamp Challenge.  Hee...that's an easy one.  I love stamps. :)
Supplies
Stamps: Halloween Dingbats (CTMH), Friendship Jar Fall Fillers (PTI)
Ink: True Black (PTI), VersaMark
Paper: black (MM), orange zest, white (PTI)
Other: glossy accents (CTMH), prisma glitter (PTI), white embossing powder (SU!), charcoal twine (The Twinery), sequins ($ store), colored pencils

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card Lindsey, love the cute spooks. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those images are fabulous, Lindsey! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing old stamps and this one is a good one! It's adorable and spooky! Love the 1$ sequins. Oh the bold stripes look great ! I will be patient and comment only once...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. Those stripes rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool scene! Love those images... the sequins look perfect (great buy)! Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable spooky card!! Love it!! Love the sequins!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lindsey - I love Halloween and your fun card is so cool! Hugs from your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete