Sunday, October 20, 2013

ColourQ #211, Simon Says: Happy Holiday, &TAWS Be Inspired #39

Hello!  I had full intentions of going with a Halloween theme for these cards, but obviously that didn't happen. I recently won some TAWS stamps and they arrived in the mail a couple days ago (yay!).  I couldn't resist the urge to try them out last night.  My first card was inspired by this week's ColourQ Challenge the Simon Says...Christmas/Happy Holiday Challenge.
My favorite parts of this card are the darling little paper pieced elf and the shiny lights.  It took a while to cut everything out, but it was so worth it. (Though, just so you know, he looks super cute even without coloring/paper piecing him at all)  The string of lights was inspired by Arielle's awesome card.  I added some liquid glass to the lights so they would be shiny.  ETA: And since this card features some pink, I'm also linking this up to Jingle Belles Rock's Pink Christmas...For the Cure.  It's a special link up and for every card linked to the challenge $4 will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  Pretty awesome, huh?  The deadline is tomorrow (October 23rd 6pm EST), but if you hurry and make a Christmas card featuring pink, your card can help increase the contribution. 
Supplies
Stamps: TAWS (Chill Out, Toyland)
Paper: PTI (Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz, White), The Paper Studio (Merry Merry Collection)
Ink: PTI (True Black), SU! (Pumpkin Pie)
Other: CTMH (liquid glass), colored pencils
I debated whether or not to even share this next card that I made for the TAWS Be Inspired #39 Challenge.  It was the first idea that came to me when I saw this cute little bird in my TAWS Chill Out set.  Even during theor release week every time I saw this bird I knew he would look perfect perched on the branch/tree from TAWS's Trees Company set, which is one of the reasons I wanted to get the new set.  I drew inspiration from the vibrant pink and orange but also the tiny bit of blue in the challenge photo.  I did notice the yellow, too, but a yellow tree branch seemed funny, so I stamped brown on cork instead like I did on this card.  I was a bit on the fence with how it turned out, so I asked my husband what he thought, and he said, "eh.  You could still give it to someone."  That was a nice way to confirm my doubts.  The card is lacking something, but I'm too busy to figure it out.  Well, I'm off to work some more on my son's Halloween costume.  Wish me luck! :)
Supplies
Stamps: TAWS (Chill Out, Toyland, Trees Company)
Paper: PTI (Raspberry Fizz, White)
Ink: Color Box (Robin's Egg), PTI (True Black), SU! (Pumpkin Pie)
Other: PTI (Bubble Talk Die), Cork 

16 comments:

  1. Your guy for the color q is to cute!! I love cork on cards - great texture~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linsey both of your cards are amazing as always. Love those TAWS images. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards! The paper pieced elf is flawless. He's adorable! The cork branch is perfect..and i love the snowflake background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsey,
    both cards are so cute!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired Challenge!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I love the bright colors of the lights and that fun image! Great design too! :) I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband comment made me laugh! Nice to know he thinks it's still givable :)
    I think the branch looks great and has lots of texture, adorable little bird. The little paper pieced else is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these cards equally! They are both super cute and fun. Do not doubt yourself in your awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek, these are wonderful. I'm loving the paper pieced elf and the little birdie on a branch! Thanks for joining us at colourQ and the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, Lindsey, such a wonderful way to use the colors with Christmas elves! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet cards - the little elf is so adorable...he looks like he may have just woken up lol! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your elf card is truley adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that elf card is sooo adorable!! Love the paper piecing and the fabulous coordinating lights! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEA!! Hi Lindsey...so glad to see you could link up 2 cards! And this guy is terribly cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This guy is so stinkin' cute ... and so fun in these colors ... so glad you went pink for a cure with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh WOW, that elf really is ADORABLE and you've kitted him out PERFECTLY! i especially love the paper piecing, and those fabulous colored light strings, so very festive! thanks for linking pink with us in a great cause at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how stinkin' adorable!!! The elf outfit is so cute! Love the lights too!

    ReplyDelete