Wednesday, May 29, 2013

TAWS Be Inspired #29 & CFC102

With so many challenges having red, white, and blue themes this week it's been pretty easy to carry on the spirit of Memorial Day and feel patriotic and grateful.  This card makes me happy, which is good because stamping and embossing "thanks" that many times took a while.  I especially love how the embossing looks after I watercolored blue over it!  I'm itching to try that again.  Another personal happy note is that I was able to combine my new TAWS All About You Set with some really old supplies...I've had those button brads and flowers for years.  Using up supplies in my stash makes me so happy...particularly when I like how the card turned out. :) Oh, I almost forgot...I made this card for two challenges: TAWS Be Inspired Challenge #29 and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #102.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all those embossed "thanks!" And the sponging makes them really look special! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red,white and blue......nice to see so much of it. Love the embossing and sponging you did ,Lindesy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute! I LOVE the background stamping--that is impressive! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete