Friday, May 31, 2013

CFC103: Congratulations

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and needed a card, so I was super excited when I saw the new CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to make a "congratulations" card.  Talk about perfect timing. :)
Probably the thing that makes me the happiest on this card is that when I took this photo, the sun captured the glitter on the diamond just right, so it actually sparkles. :)  Speaking of the diamond ring, that was totally inspired by this card made by the uberly talented Amber of Damask Love and a card she had published in Papercrafts Magazine (I can't remember which issue...rats).  Any one else remember the awesome "woohoo" card she made with a diamond on one of the "o's"?  Well, I couldn't forget it, and I actually ordered "Celebrate Chandelier" by My Cute Stamps just for this purpose.  (And I got a killer deal on it, too, because they are liquidating all of their stamp sets.)  I'm sure I'll get more use out if the set, but even if I didn't, the purchase would still be worth it.
Hope you all have a happy (and sunny) weekend!
Supplies
Stamps: My Cute Stamps (Celebrate Chandelier), PTI (Baby Button Bits, Borders & Corners Monogram Edition) 
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Paper: MME (Breeze), PTI (Aqua Mist)
Dies: PTI (Mat Stack 3, 1 3/4" Limitless Layers Circle)
Other: Martha Stewart (white gold glitter), The Twinery (Buttercream twine), prisma glitter, ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with that die...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful wedding card. And, I love how you cut out from the die to create your focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the stars align and you need a card that fits a challenge. And I love it when the sunshine picks up the sparkle on a card, which is so hard to photograph. But what I really love is your fun and happy wedding card in brilliant colors! SO well done, Lindsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I know exactly which card you're talking about (although I can't remember the issue either). I love the frame and the glitter (your photo caught the bling perfectly!). Awesome card, Lindsey! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays. And, thank you for your super sweet comment. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally sweet! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek! This is gorgeous! I love Amber's work too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply love the design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! I love the patterned frame and your perfect stamping!

    ReplyDelete