Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CSC #131 & MIM #107

I made this tag for CASE Study Challenge #131. This month's muse is the amazingly talented Julie Ebersole.  I just love everything she does.  I loved the white embossing on kraft with a pop of color, so that's what I pulled in my project.  Oh, and I used PTI's Doily Details die to mimic the embossed doilies on her card.  I wish I'd been able to snap a photo during the day, but life happens, so this is as good as it gets.
Julie's Card
I also made this tag with PTI's Make It Monday #107 in mind, which was to create a card (or tag in my case) with clear cardstock as a base.  Nichole also encouraged some copic coloring, which I didn't do (no copics in this house), but I did color the image with some colored pencils, so at least I tried to maintain the spirit of that suggestion.  The next picture kind of shows how the tag opens up, so it is more card-like.  I tried to get a better picture, but every other angle I took just looked odd.  There's just a half circle inside anyway.  I haven't stamped or written anything inside yet because I'm still debating on the recipient.
Update: I finally used this tag!  Here's the gift all ready to go. :)
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Friendship Jar), Michael's (butterfly)
Ink: PTI (true black)
Cardstock: PTI (kraft, new leaf, stamper's select white)
Other: SU (white embossing powder), PTI (Doily Details Die, Turning a New Leaf Die), Paper Shapers (1 3/4" circle punch), colored pencils, ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design, love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey this is so adorable! I love that you made a tag for the CASE! Absolutely charming! Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tag. Perfect look on the clear cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag for the MIM challenge, Lindsey. The doily and offset butterfly with the leaves sticking out are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete