Thursday, February 7, 2013

CFC88 & CASE Study Challenge #127

Oh, how I love this card!  I made it for CASE Study Challenge #127 and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #88.  The idea for this card came while pondering (again, while putting my son to sleep four or five nights ago) the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which was to use letters creatively in a CAS project.
I knew I wanted it to resemble subway art, be left-alligned, and have the saying long enough to fill the card with words differing in width.  So I thought of my saying and scribbled the idea down.  Well, I didn't get around to making the card until tonight...late tonight...so technically Thursday morning. :)  I die cut all the letters and was just going to leave it pink with white underneath, but the card just wasn't quite what I wanted.  And there was this little nagging in the back of my mind from the word "love" in the love letters part of the challenge.  I tried justifying that a thank you card in itself is an expression of love, but I wasn't totally convinced.  Anyway,  I decided to take a break, and do a little blog hopping.  When I went to the CASE Study Challenge blog I saw this amazing card by Teri Anderson (who has total celebrity status in my book). 
By February's Muse: Teri Anderson
Immediately after seeing Teri's card I knew how to finish my card.  I loved the colors,  the patterns filling the negative space, and the mix of words and hearts.  I grabbed my PTI scraps and a few stamps to recreate the polka dot and striped patterns, found a heart (so the "love" nagging would go away), and ta-dah! my card was finished.  And I'm in love. :)
Supplies
Stamps: CTMH (All My Love), PTI (Happy Hexagons, Polka Dot Basics II)
Ink: VersaMark
Cardstock: PTI (Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise)
Other: CTMH (Clear Embossing powder), PTI (Block Alphabet Dies) 

7 comments:

  1. Very cool card! Love the fun colors and peek-a-boo letters! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly FABULOUS! Love the creative use of colors and diecut! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, this is fantastic! You were right to sit it aside for a while. The finishing touches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool card! I love the colors and the die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cool! I love the lettering and colours...and when you get your inspiration! THanks for playing with us over on CASE STudy this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!
    Thank for studying along with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete