Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #129 & Muse Challenge #6

Though I'm cutting it close to the deadline, I just love Teri Anderson's work, so I had to make a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge. This card is simple, but it took a bit of time to line things up (don't look too closely, though!) I loved the colors and layout of Teri's card, so I used that as my inspiration.  I also was inspired by this week's Muse Challenge.  There were some similarities that I really liked in the two different challenge inspiration cards, so I pulled from both.  Again, I loved the diagonal line created by the flowers in Deanna's beautiful card (isn't she amazing?!), and I loved how the colors were so striking against a white background with the bold black sentiment.  I snuck a tiny bit of florals in (the blue patterned paper) because they were such a noticeable element in Deanna's card that I didn't want to leave them out completely.  This card makes me happy.  I am so inspired by so many people, and I love when I can pull elements from them and create something that is still me, too.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome geometric design and lovely color mix! Great work! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from here it looks perfect and divine! What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing it with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used in this card! So brigth and cheerful, yet very CAS...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!! I can see that you must have spent some time lining all of those up and it was worth the effort! A gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! You did a great job of pulling the elements and still making it yours. Love it. And thanks for the kind words:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is INCREDIBLE! So clever and inspiring, the washi tape cut into squares and then reset! It's awesome! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I can't imagine lining all those triangles up and having it look like straight lines! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it when people are inspired and yet it looks nothing like the original (as in the Muse challenge!) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Claire. It's good to see a card which uses the inspiration to create something different.

    ReplyDelete