Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pages with Papertrey Sketch #7 & CASE Study Challenge #82

I've been looking at the CASE Study Challenges for a while, but for one reason or another, I've never played along (well, at least never finished a project by the deadline).  I think Laura Bassen is super talented, and I loved her inspiration card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  I loved the colors, the twine, and the bold "Thanks", so I decided that no matter what I would play along and somehow all these things would make it into my project.  But I wasn't feeling very creative, and I especially didn't feel like making a card.  Luckily for me, Leigh posted another Pages with Papertrey sketch on her blog, so I decided to combine the two challenges.    
Laura's Card                                                                        Leigh's sketch

Side note: I drew Leigh's sketch on a little scrap piece of paper and when I put it down on the floor beside me, it got flipped upside down.  When I realized that I had flipped the sketch upside down, I was too far into the project to want to change it. 
Instead of the heart detail on Laura's card, I went with stars.  One of my favorite parts of the page are the little stars I stamped in the background that are barely visible in the photo.  They really made the page feel "complete" for me.  I also really liked Laura's second card for the challenge, so I decided to incorporate the stripes in my star.  I just cut strips of paper at differing widths, glued them on a paper, and then die cut the star out of it. 

Laura's 2nd Card

And finally, a close up of the little tag.  These were just random snapshots that we'd taken, so I just put the dates of the pictures instead of doing a bunch of journaling.  Oh, and you can see the background stars I was talking about just a little bit at the bottom of the picture.

 Supplies
Stamps: Sans Alphabet (CTMH), Small Typewriter Alphabet (Perfectly Clear Stamps), Star Prints (PTI)
Ink: Champagne (VersaMark), Old Olive (SU), Pumpkin Pie (SU), Real Red (SU), So Saffron (SU). True Black (PTI)
Paper: Black (MM), Old Olive (SU), Orange Zest (PTI), Real Red (SU), Stamper's Select White (PTI), Sunflower (MM), White (Recollections)
Other: Block Alphabet Die Collection (PTI), Seeing Stars Die Collection (PTI), Spiral Punch (SU), Charcoal Twine (The Twinery),

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great job you did with the sketch and challenge! I love how you flipped the sketch and included four photos! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I love the star and I really love how you took the words and put them on the star. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job with the sketch! Love how you made it into a 4 photo layout. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea of using the inspration on a layout.

    ReplyDelete